Flight Operations Mechanic AChina Lake, California
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is seeking a Flight Operations Mechanic to support the Kuwaiti F-18 flight test program. This position encompasses all the duties of the following job classifications: Aircraft Inspector, Mechanic-Electrical and Electronics, and Flight Mechanic. The position will be based in China Lake, CA.
- Perform operational checkout of aircraft prior to and during pre-flight.
- Inspect explosive and armament installations.
- Maintain aircraft historical records.
- Perform activities prior to flight status and final inspection and daily maintenance of completed experimental aircraft or major modification to experimental aircraft.
- Inspect and/or perform bench and flight line operational checkout and inspect, trouble-shooting, adjustment and repair of electrical and electronic systems.
- Inspect the calibration, adjustment, troubleshooting, repair and modification of electronic test equipment used exclusively by production and at times may be required to inspect the calibration, adjustment, trouble-shooting, repair and modification of other electronic test equipment as directed.
- Perform aircraft and/or spacecraft bench or flight line operational checkout, trouble-shooting, adjustment and repair of any electrical or electronic system.
- Fabricate, adjust, trouble shoot, repair and modify electronic test equipment.
- Perform operational checkout of hydraulic systems and mechanical systems.
- Diagnose and correct hydraulic and mechanical malfunctions.
- Operate engines during run-ups and troubleshoot when needed.
- Install, repair, and replace tanks, power plants, generators, and aircraft engines.
- Install or replace reservoirs, etc. and repair leaks in same.
- Install or replace instruments such as fuel quantity, rate of climb and oil pressure indicators.
- Perform crash crew duties as directed.
- Splice, route, clamp, solder, and string tie wires or wire bundles.
- Repair, install and hook up bomb, missile and rocket racks and pylons.
- Install and load ejection seats and guns.
- Install adjust, repair and replace structural parts and assemblies.
- Fabricate parts such as skins, doors, aircraft frames, air bags, test panels, clips, brackets, angles and ribs without the aid of jigs and fixtures.
- Modify aircraft components or aircraft support equipment.
- Perform composite repairs.
This position requires the ability to obtain an interim Secret clearance and final Secret clearance (post-start).
Typical Education & Experience:
- Education is acquired through high school or trade/vocational training.
- This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
- This is an hourly position governed by the IAM Collective Bargaining agreement.
- The selected candidate must be able to work any shift, as assigned.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
At Boeing, diversity, equity, and inclusion are enduring company values. We strive to live these values every day not only because it’s the right thing to do, but because our success depends on it. The company’s commitment to diversity and inclusion means providing a work environment for all employees that is welcoming, respectful and equitable, with opportunities for personal and professional development.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.