IT Development Lead (f/m/d)Cologne, North Rhine-Westphalia; London, England; Warsaw, Mazovia; Berlin, Land Berlin
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Services Deutschland GmbH is responsible for theoretical training solutions and content for aspiring pilots within The Boeing Company.
We specialize on the initial part of the training, which requires little or no previous knowledge. We therefore help our customer to acquire their first license on their path to become a pilot.
We have been planning and implementing interesting and future-oriented projects for individual customers, flight schools, flight academies and testing authorities for over 20 years. A special focus is the use of modern technologies and the generation of high-quality and motivating learning content.
Our current software solution is the Academy Management System "Boeing Learning Solutions" (BLS). BLS is a learning management system for aspiring pilots, but also supports flight schools and flight training academies in their daily operational processes.
Boeing Services Deutschland GmbH is looking for an IT Development Lead. This position has been identified as a virtual opportunity and does not require applicants to live in Cologne, Germany.
IT Lead required to provide general technical support to the whole team including business support and technical direction.
IT Lead will need to work closely with the stakeholders, development team and be in a position to effectively communicate technical direction to the development team. The IT lead also needs to mentor, develop and guide the team as well as being able to provide quick decisions if required by the developers.
Additionally, with the work that is envision the IT lead will need to work closely with teams in the Content Development team in the UK and the Development team in Poland whilst working closely with stakeholder and developers in Cologne.
- Coordinate and delegate the responsibilities of the IT team
- Oversee day-to-day functions of the department with strong technical expertise
- Conduct training and coaching sessions with employees to enforce their technical expertise
- Keep track and consult on changes in the standards, technologies or methodologies
- Risk assessment and risk management
- Reviews for accuracy and quality
- Coordination of software releases
- Attend meetings, trainings or seminars
- Communicate with Management and other departments
This position does not have sponsorship approval.
This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK or EU. Candidates must have current legal authorization to work immediately in the United Kingdom or European Union. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labor sponsorship for any applicants.
- Extensive Agile experience
- Project Management or Technical lead experience
- Significant knowledge of core technologies, including Cloud (AWS, Azure), Java, Angular.
- Knowledge of network architecture
- Ability to evaluate technologies in terms of applicability for our product, security and business value
- Solutions architecture experience
- Ability to discuss highly complex technical issues with stakeholders at all levels
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience, 13 years' related work experience, etc.).
This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.