Software Engineer (Backend) (w/m/d)Cologne, North Rhine-Westphalia
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you'll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
You will be part of a cross-functional team which develops highly interactive and adaptive training/academy management solutions for the aviation field.
- Participate in the design, architecture and implementation of complex, business critical features of the system
- Provide technical recommendations for software development
- Develop/decompose, document and maintain designs for applications
- Develop, deploy and monitor RESTful APIs
- Work as part of a cross-functional, agile development team embracing scrum approach
- Design and write automated unit, integration and acceptance tests
- Actively drive non-functional requirements such as performance, security, continuous integration, migration and compatibility
- Bachelor, Master or equivalent degree preferably in Computer Science or Engineering
- Proven track record of developing high quality software to business specification while understanding processes and requirements
- Experience in leading architecture efforts
- Experience with consuming and writing web services
- Knowledge and experience (+5 years) in technologies:
- Databases SQL and NoSQL (CouchDB)
- Experience with Linux, particularly CentOS
- Understanding of Microservices architecture
- Version control and continuous integration tools such as Git, Bamboo, Ansible
- Experience developing for cloud architectures such as Azure or AWS
- Objective C knowledge is a plus
- Knowledge of Elastic Search
- Experience using system monitoring tools
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment frameworks
- Interest or basic experience in the following areas: machine learning, recommendation systems, large-scale data mining is valued
PLEASE NOTE RELOCATION PACKAGE IS NOT OFFERED FOR THIS ROLE.
This requisition is for an international, locally hired position. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IN GERMANY. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Make sure you list all of the Countries in which you are a citizen. If you have work authorization for a country that you are not a citizen of, please explain this on the top of your resume. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S.-based payroll.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity (weiblich/männlich/divers/offen gelassen), age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.”
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More