AGS Software Development and Test Engineer
Colorado Springs, Colorado
With Boeing, your software innovations can touch commercial and military aircraft, rockets and spacecraft as well as advanced cyber solutions. This is where you can build the future.
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Software Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ Working on a complex system in a lab environment is challenging and exciting, but the real reward came when I got to test our system with defense customers. I was able to interface directly with the men and women who would be depending on our products and hear their feedback firsthand.”Steve Jacobsen Digital Signal Processing Engineer, Software Engineer
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
AGS Software Development and Test Engineer
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
As a AGS Software Development and Test Engineer member of the Software Engineering, Integration, and Test team, you will be involved in the entire system development life cycle, from idea creation and development, all the way through to maintenance and support of the customer’s delivered system. This position will place you in roles where you have the opportunity to make an impact on the results of our project. The SEIT team offers a collaborative mentoring environment where you have the opportunity to learn from others while mentoring our more junior staff.
This position requires an active Top Secret U.S. Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.). The position is contingent on clearance verification and customer concurrence.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Ability to obtain a TS/SCI security clearance
- Bachelors degree or higher education
- Experience working in an Agile Environment utilizing Atlassian Suite (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, etc)
- Exceptional ability to produce clean, efficient code in C++/C#
- Requirements and TPM management including use of DOORS
- Identify, Perform and Review design decisions, trade studies, architecture improvements
- Execute SW testing at different levels including component, Configuration Item, subsystem, integration/system, and acceptance testing
- Develop test artifacts including Test Plan, Test Approach, Test Procedures, and Test Report
- Develop test execution scripts and use test automation tools to maximize automated testing
- Experience with satellite subsystems, satellite command and control, and modeling and simulation
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Existing TS/SCI security clearance
- Work with MBSE Toolsets such as Cameo Enterprise Architecture
- Experience working with hardware components for satellites and ground systems
- Experience with Linux operating system
- Experience working in DevSecOps or DevOps Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery environments
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Individual Contributor - 3
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.