Mid-Level Cyber Security SpecialistColorado Springs, Colorado
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Security is seeking a detail-oriented and self-motivated Mid-Level Cyber Security Specialist to support the Department of Defense (DoD) and Special Access Program (SAP) activities in Colorado Springs, CO.
- Contributes to the development and deployment of program information security for assigned systems to meet the program and enterprise requirements, policies, standards, guidelines and procedures.
- Implements Risk Management Framework (RMF) processes, product development and product maintenance for assigned systems.
- Performs security compliance continuous monitoring.
- Participates in security assessments and audits.
- Prepares and presents technical reports and briefings.
- Contributes to the identification of root causes, the prioritization of threats, and recommends/ implements corrective action.
- Provides mentoring and technical leadership within the information security program team.
- Explores the enterprise and industry for the evolving state of industry knowledge and methods regarding information security best practices.
- Supports development of enterprise-wide information security policies, standards, guidelines and procedures that may reach across multiple stakeholder organizations.
This position requires an active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Current IAM Level 1 DoD 8140.01 (previously 8570.01) compliant certification (i.e. CAP, GSLC, Security+ CE, CISSP, CASP, CISM, GSLC)
- Experience in auditing Windows systems
- Experience working with Department of Defense Manual (DoDM) 5205.07, Volumes 1-4
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience working within the National Industrial Security Procedures and Operations Manual (NISPOM)
- Experience with one of the following domains: NISP, SAP, and/or SCI
- Managerial experience in IT Infrastructure, Change Governance, Root Cause Analysis, Operational Risk, System and Networking Architecture, DevOps & Cloud Operations
- Experience in policies and implementation of Risk Management Framework (RMF)
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience, 9 years' related work experience, etc.).
This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Referral to this job is eligible for bonus.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
At Boeing, diversity, equity, and inclusion are enduring company values. We strive to live these values every day not only because it’s the right thing to do, but because our success depends on it. The company’s commitment to diversity and inclusion means providing a work environment for all employees that is welcoming, respectful and equitable, with opportunities for personal and professional development.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More