System Engineer - Integration & Test - C2BMC
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Here, systems engineering means integrating performance, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability and human systems into all of our products and solutions. In other words, you’ll build the future of Boeing.
of the time
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Systems Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ At Boeing, we work in space. We work in air traffic management. We build airplanes. It’s really rewarding to see work that we do in a lab develop into an amazing product. That’s a daily occurrence. ”Suzanne Hawkins Systems Engineer
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
System Engineer - Integration & Test - C2BMC
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The C2BMC National Team provides technical solutions to the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) on the Command, Control, Battle Management and Communications (C2BMC) Program. C2BMC is the integrating element for the Ballistic Missile Defense System and links various sensors and weapon systems. The system provides capabilities to integrate and synchronize missile defense systems and operations, providing a layered defense against multiple ranges of threats and in all phases of flight.
- Member of Integration and Test Functional Area
- Coordinate, develop and execute detailed test plans and procedures to test C2BMC interfaces design implementation in an integrated environment
- Test specific capabilities for interfaces or infrastructure in support of C2BMC operations (e.g., Internal Messaging, control and monitoring, message and display recording and playback, failover processing
- Execute tests of interface communication paths and capacity performance; conduct post-test data analysis and reporting
- Create test Discrepancy Reports to document issues and assist development with the investigation and resolution of issues
- Coordinate and disseminate the weekly Lab Schedule including sending out the Daily Status Report (DSR) for the runs that were executed that day
- Review and comment on testability issues, obvious design flaws, anticipate data collection points and coordinate development of plans for and conduct of anomaly test and analysis as required
- Analyze and validate the performance and validity of interfaces and supporting system software to specified system requirements
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
This position requires an active Secret clearance level> U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Minimum technical bachelor's degree
- Must possess a DoD 8570 certification at IAT Level II or higher (Security+, GSEC, SCNP, SSCP, CISSP, CISA, GSE, SCNA). Candidate will be responsible to maintain DoD 8570 certification.
- The candidate must possess the technical skills to evaluate software, algorithms and processes
- Knowledge of software verification processes and techniques, test reporting, regression testing, and test data analysis
- Demonstrated expertise in ICD verification as well as command and control infrastructure software such as data handling and synchronization including ancillary equipment monitoring
- Agile development, automated testing framework (i.e. Gerkin), manipulation of large data sets, spreadsheet analysis, and associated tools; MATLAB, JAVA software or PYTHON scripting development, Perl, PL/SQL queries, conducting post-processing and quantitative/qualitative analysis of collected data, development of action plans based upon analysis of data, documenting software deficiency reports, and presenting analysis results
- The candidate must possess strong verbal/written communications skills
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience in Agile development methodologies is highly desirable.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 2 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. Master). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.