Systems Engineer - Modeling & Simulation Analyst - C2BMC
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Here, systems engineering means integrating performance, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability and human systems into all of our products and solutions. In other words, you’ll build the future of Boeing.
of the time
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Systems Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ At Boeing, we work in space. We work in air traffic management. We build airplanes. It’s really rewarding to see work that we do in a lab develop into an amazing product. That’s a daily occurrence. ”Suzanne Hawkins Systems Engineer
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
Systems Engineer - Modeling & Simulation Analyst - C2BMC
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company has an exciting opportunity for an System Engineering Analyst (C2BMC) to join our dynamic team in Colorado Springs, CO or Huntsville, AL. The C2BMC National Team provides technical solutions to the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) on the Command, Control, Battle Management and Communications (C2BMC) Program. C2BMC is the integrating element for the Ballistic Missile Defense System and links various sensors and weapon systems. The system provides capabilities to integrate and synchronize missile defense systems and operations, providing a layered defense against multiple ranges of threats and in all phases of flight.
- The position will support the C2BMC Modeling and Simulations team providing technical expertise in the BMDS modeling and simulation integration, characterization, and/or analysis. As part of an Agile Scrum team, the application will develop and complete features and stories mapped to program objectives.
- Plan and execute assessment characterization on C2BMC and its interactions with current and planned BMDS Assets
- Assist in maintaining integration and analysis for existing spiral development framework while in parallel developing automated improvements for continuous integration pipelines.
- Document analysis results in reports and briefings
- Present analysis results to a variety of audiences
- Develop requirements for large, complex system models/simulations and or test/analysis tools
- Execute, test, and evaluate BMDS level, large scale models/simulations
- Develop, test, and evaluate threat scenarios
This position requires an active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Minimum technical bachelor's degree
- Applicant must have a solid engineering background that covers a variety of discipline which support integration and assessment of missile defense models into a federated architecture
- Knowledge of OSM and VACSSim models
- Technical specialty areas may include but are not limited to performance analysis and characterization of large-scale complex system simulations including ballistic missile threats, weapon systems, command and control, RF sensors , and IR sensors
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience in Agile development methodologies is highly desirable.
- Working or theoretical knowledge of Ballistic Missile Defense concepts, Battle management and Command and Control (BM/C2) systems, defense communications systems, and the BMDS in general.
- Strong background in math and physics.
- Experience using Java, Python, Git, and Jenkins to support analysis and testing complex data.
- Experience using MATLAB to support analysis of complex data.
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux, Agile Scrum, and continuous integration.
- Specific knowledge of onw or more BMDS elements, such as C2BMC, AN/TBY-2, LRDR, BOA, Aegis BMD, and PATRIOT.
- Experience with scenario generations is a plus.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.