Systems Engineer - Network Design - C2BMC
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Here, systems engineering means integrating performance, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability and human systems into all of our products and solutions. In other words, you’ll build the future of Boeing.
of the time
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Systems Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ At Boeing, we work in space. We work in air traffic management. We build airplanes. It’s really rewarding to see work that we do in a lab develop into an amazing product. That’s a daily occurrence. ”Suzanne Hawkins Systems Engineer
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
Systems Engineer - Network Design - C2BMC
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The C2BMC National Team provides technical solutions to the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) on the Command, Control, Battle Management and Communications (C2BMC) Program. C2BMC is the integrating element for the Ballistic Missile Defense System and links various sensors and weapon systems. The system provides capabilities to integrate and synchronize missile defense systems and operations, providing a layered defense against multiple ranges of threats and in all phases of flight.
- Network Engineer responsible for planning, deploying, integrating, and testing upgrades to the C2BMC network to operational sites.
- May be required to assist with integrating, sustaining, and operating the C2BMC networks.
- May be required to travel to remote locations to perform network installations and in accordance with Program configuration management processes, independently perform troubleshooting, and provide status updates to Program personnel.
- Support resolutions for cross functional technical networking issues; collaborate, and establish network automation discipline into all aspects of the program.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
This position requires an active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Minimum technical bachelor's degree
- Must possess a DoD 8570 certification at IAT Level II or higher (Security+, GSEC, SCNP, SSCP, CISSP, CISA, GSE, SCNA). Candidate will be responsible to maintain DoD 8570 certification for the full contract period.
- Hands-on experience and knowledge of network architecture design, development and testing methodologies.
- Specific technical skills required include: -Network Management Systems (HP NMMI, HP Network Automation, CA Performance Center, CA Data Aggregator, CA Data Repository, CA NetFlow Analyzer, JUNOS Space) or NAS/SAN technologies (NetApp, or Gigastore). - Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic, and network analytic tools - Virtualization technologies such a VMWare vCenter and vSphere. - Experience using protocol analyzers/sniffers (such as Wireshark, OPNET ACElive & ITGuru). - Authentication & encryption methods/capabilities ( TACACS+, Active Directory, GEM-X)IPSEC, KG-175D/F/G. - Understanding of standard DOD security practices such as, STIG/RMF compliance and system accreditation implementation efforts. - Proven network traffic analysis, diagnostic and troubleshooting experience.
- Must be an effective communicator with excellent writing and presentation skills using Microsoft PowerPoint and Visio drawing tools
- Must be able to work collaboratively in a team environment with other highly motivated network engineers as well as independently at times on large field projects
- Candidate must have proven troubleshooting skills
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience in the following areas are desired: - A solid understanding of the OSI Model, TCP/IP, routing protocols BGP and OSPF. - Experience in UDP multicast, SONET, MSPP, VLANs, GRE Tunnels, and TCP/IP network designs. - Hands on experience with multi-vendor switching routing (Juniper) - Industry vendor certifications from Juniper (JNCIA, JNCIS, JNCIP, JNCIE) required, from Cisco (CCNA, CCNP, CCSP) a plus.
- Experience planning and supporting automated deployment of network infrastructure is desired.
- Candidates with experience planning and supporting the deployment of network infrastructure are highly desired.
Typical Education/Experience:Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.