Intern - Manufacturing EngineerColumbus, Mississippi
Aurora is seeking talented and self-motivated interns to assist with the development of advanced unmanned aircraft technologies.
The Manufacturing Engineering Intern will work out of our Columbus, MS facility.
We have opportunities for students majoring in mechanical, aerospace, industrial, electrical, or manufacturing engineering as well as robotics and computer science. We are looking for innovative and creative interns, who are self-starters and learn quickly, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, and who are able to work and communicate well in a team environment. Performing research, design and/or analysis for more senior engineers. Assist in fabricating composites structures to learn techniques needed for air vehicle design.
- Knowledge of basic aeronautics, aviation and manufacturing engineering.
- Working towards a Bachelors or Masters degree, in 2nd year or later.
- Enrolled in certified aerospace or mechanical engineering program.
- Previous work experience a plus.
- Must be a U.S. Person.
- Knowledge of fabrication techniques (including composites) with hands-on experience a plus.
- Enthusiastic, motivated, interested in working for a company like Aurora after graduation.
- Must be able to lift/carry up to 50lbs. on occasion.
- May work off shifts as required.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More