Maintenance EngineerColumbus, Mississippi
The maintenance engineer is responsible for checking, repairing and servicing machinery, equipment, systems and infrastructures at the AMS manufacturing site. The position ensures the industrial machinery and equipment run smoothly and reliably through the planning and undertaking of scheduled maintenance.
- Planning and undertaking scheduled maintenance.
- Responding to breakdowns.
- Diagnosing faults.
- Repairing equipment.
- Supervising contractor performing maintenance work at the site.
- Obtaining specialist components, fixtures or fittings.
- Managing budgets.
- Maintaining statistical and financial records for monitoring trends in repairs and installations.
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation
- Creating maintenance procedures.
- Managing stocks of supplies and equipment for maintenance and repairs.
“On-call' work may be required when issues arise to address manufacturing equipment in continual 24-hour operation.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical, electrical, or related discipline; or two years of related work experience for each year of education.
- Experience working with robotics.
- Knowledge of electrical and mechanical machinery.
- 1 to 5 years work experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to perform well under pressure to resolve problems.
- Must be US Person
- Constant collaboration with program management to stay abreast of program status to determining project changes.
- Embrace personal challenge.
- Is resilient, optimistic and open to change.
- A self-starter; and has an adult-to-adult, collaborative approach to others.
Able to lift and transport objects up to 40 pounds as well as consistently stoop, crawl, bend, crouch, climb and kneel.
Swing shift (12:00 pm to 8:30 pm) with “on-call” status to address failures of equipment or machinery.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More