Business Improvement SpecialistCrawley, England
Boeing’s continued success and growth in the UK is built on the philosophy of World Class Productivity and Quality the company approach to Continuous Improvement. This exciting role will primarily support our Global Training and Professional Services Business and will combine Facilitation, Coaching, Training and Developing Employees, Project Management, and Project Delivery. Joining a successful Business Improvement Team this position will also support a range of Improvement / Change Initiatives working alongside other internal Business Partners as well as collaborating with customers and suppliers as and when appropriate
As an experienced and qualified Business Improvement Specialist in Lean / Process Improvement methodologies you will apply leadership and influence to drive a range of initiatives and projects crossing into training services, maintenance, supply chain, and customer experience to deliver business benefits in safety, quality, time and cost. Expertise in facilitating workshops, conducting independent investigations, providing leadership in cost reduction and process improvement will be a core responsibility. The ability to coach, train and develop employees in the application of Lean and other process improvement methodologies will also form a core element of the role
• Building implementation plans and maintaining alignment of Business Improvement Priorities with relevant Senior Stakeholders
• Project and Initiative Management, reporting, recording and presenting updates and outcomes of improvement / change activities
• Working closely with customers, suppliers and internal stakeholders to develop and deliver opportunities for improvements both at the strategic level and tactical level
• Providing subject matter expertise in lean / process Improvement methodologies which includes developing and maintaining training and best practice materials.
• Providing training, coaching and mentoring in accordance with company standards to develop Employee Involvement Teams across multiple disciplines
• Assisting employee teams including suppliers to develop metrics that support process improvements in safety, quality, productivity and time
• Excellent stakeholder management skills with leadership experience to influence and inspire cross functional teams at all levels
• Project Management and Governance, financial and commercial awareness with the ability to develop business cases to support improvement / change initiatives
• Proven trainer, coach and mentor in the development of High Performance Work Teams
• Strong facilitator with ability to work and influence in a matrix structure
• Experienced in leading and organising improvement activities from 1 Day Kaizen events to 5 Day detailed process improvement events
• Ability to work in a high performing and demanding environment
• Proven leadership in a range of industry tools that include Value Stream Mapping, Structured Problem Solving and Project Management
• Developing training courses and materials that support the ongoing professional development of employees in Lean / Process Improvement methods and tools
• Creating and analysing data using industry leading practices that include DMAIC, graphical visualisation and translation of data into actionable information
Education & Experience:
- The preferred candidate will have significant and proven experience of leading and influencing teams, an expert facilitator, coach, and mentor, with project management experience in implementing Lean / Continuous Improvement in a range of industries that includes Aerospace and Security.
- Your experience will enable you to demonstrate a track record of continued success where you have delivered tangible Business benefits through deploying Lean / Process Improvement Methodologies. You will also demonstrate examples where you have worked closely with internal business partners, customers and suppliers, built relationships and through those relationships delivered a range of measurable business benefits.
- You will have an appropriate academic education that underpins your working experiences. Qualifications in Project Management, Lean / Process Improvement Methodologies will be expected. A relevant degree would be advantageous.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE
Individual Contributor - 4
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More