Commercial Simulation Technician ApprenticeCrawley, England
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Commercial Simulation Technician Apprentice
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners, defence, space and security systems, and service provider of aftermarket support. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
- Performs pre-flight tasks.
- Performs preventative maintenance functions.
- Conducts troubleshooting and corrective maintenance activities on training devices.
- Performs training device updates (Software and Hardware).
- Ensures documentation procedures are completed.
- Provides total customer support service, that can include accompanying customers through instructor station training and during dry training operations.
- Maintain Training Devices to regulatory and company standards, ensuring that Devices are ready for training and Training Centre Customers are provided with professional technical support.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
The employee must be able to climb a ladder on the motion base superstructure to maintain or replace visual components (visual displays, etc.). The employee must also work in tight quarters (control columns, center pedestals).
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 16 kg. The employee is occasionally exposed to the risk of electrical shock. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision differentiation for material creation and review, and the ability to adjust focus while reading small print, schematic drawings, and other graphics materials.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS:
- Professional/Technical Expertise: Has knowledge of, and can demonstrate technical and practical skills, enabling effective decision-making.
- Collaboration: Undertakes team assignments with other technicians.
- Communication: Good written and verbal skills.
- Customer Focus: Anticipates and responds to changing customer requirements and expectations.
- Enterprise/Resourcefulness: Flexibility – Able to adapt in different environments.
ENTRY LEVEL REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of x5 GCSEs grade A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent).
- GCSE Mathematics at a minimum of C/5 grade.
- GCSE English at a minimum of C/5 grade.
- 3 A Levels or BTEC equivalent in Aeronautical Engineering, Electrical or Computing BTEC (Grade Level 2).
All information provided will be checked and verified.
This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorisation to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a BPSS security check.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
- Software Engineering Intern Gdansk, Pomerania, Poland 07/01/2022
- Business University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
- Engineering University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
- IT University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
No recently viewed jobs. View All Opportunities