Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
The Boeing UK&I Accounting & Finance Team are looking for a Crawley/Bristol based individual to join the team in the role of Financial Accountant.
The Boeing UK & Ireland Accounting & Finance Team are responsible for the accounting, reporting and control of various UK subsidiaries within the Boeing Group. These entities include Boeing Defence UK Limited (BDUK), Boeing Commercial Aviation Services Europe Limited (BCASEL), Boeing United Kingdom Limited (BUKL), Boeing Training & Flight Services Limited (BT&FS), Boeing Operations International (BOI) plus 3 holding companies. It is also responsible for the UK non-fully integrated subsidiaries including Jeppesen UK (JUK), Continental Data Graphics (CDG) and AerData UK (AUK) together with the Ireland subsidiaries including Boeing Ireland Limited (BIL). The Financial Accounting team also works in conjunction with our outsourced 3rd party provider Genpact in India.
Over the past 12 months the UK team has been working on aligning the accounting teams for all of the UK and Ireland entities into a single team. This, together with significant growth in the BCA fabrication facility in Sheffield and growth within BCASEL including the building of a hanger at Gatwick, has resulted in an increased scope of work.
This role will primarily support the financial accounting activities for Jeppesen UK and AerData UK. The scope of work will be to assist the financial accounting team in its daily activities. This will include month end close control and related activities, audit support, other regulatory reporting, key issues and metrics oversight and reporting and work on performing various improvement projects.
The successful candidate will work within the Financial Accounting Team but will support and work closely with the other team members within UK and Ireland accounting and out in the programs and will perform a variety of tasks to support efficient, timely and accurate reporting. Tasks will be varied but will include:
- Internal & External Audits support– Deloitte (Stat Audit), SoX & Subsidiary Compliance Reviews
- Month end activities including journal preparation, posting and control and assisting on Group reporting requirements – all UK and Ireland entities
- Reconciliation preparation and improvement – various UK and Ireland entities
- Issues management and metrics reporting
- Embedding new scope of work into the accounting team
- Other ad hoc accounting activities and projects as required
BDS Global Operations
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Education and experience:
- Studying for a professional accounting qualification (AAT/ACCA/CIMA/ACA) or relevant accounting experience
- Knowledge of complex accounting systems and reporting applications – Oracle and SAP
- Strong financial accounting and control experience
- Strong Communication and interpersonal skills
- Customer satisfaction focus
- Flexible and adaptable skills
- High level of business acumen
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Good working knowledge of excel and Microsoft office
- Knowledge of UK/Ireland and US GAAP advantageous
Dynamic, self starter used to operating in a complex and fast moving environment. This is a hands on role so ability to support, deliver results and communicate effectively at all levels and across all business functions is a must. A personable individual with the ability to influence and contribute as a business partner.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply asap for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE NOT EXISTING EMPLOYEE
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award