IT TechnicianCrawley, England
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The IT Technician is responsible for delivering IT support services to end users and contributing towards IT Int'l projects.
The IT Technician collaborates with the Regional Operations Manager and receives functional mentorship from the Technical Leads. The ITT frequently interacts with end users, IT System Administrators, Service Fulfillment Analysts, Support Coordinators, Technical Leads, IT Int'l Project Managers and external service providers.
The ITT is responsible for:
- Building, deploying and coordinating IT systems including end user desktops/laptops, other IT hardware and Peripherals.
- Performing incident resolution or, when needed, escalation to the appropriate group.
- Interacting with regional Support Coordinators and Service Fulfillment Analysts to supervise and prioritize incidents and tasks in the ticket queues.
- Implement software installation and deployment to computing systems.
- Implement asset change tasks and reflect such changes in appropriate databases.
- Providing IT consultation to the end user.
- Distributing new user IT starter package and provide initial user IT orientation.
- Ensuring security and policy compliance while performing technical tasks.
- Participating in regional and cross-regional technical meetings.
- Supplying updates to user documentation, procedures and process definitions.
- Performing emergency or periodically planned information systems administration tasks, maintenance/upgrades and configuration changes.
- Conducting systems performance analysis and provide feedback to functional leads and colleagues in the Continual Service Improvement function.
- Contributing to IT International projects as needed and as coordinated by the assigned project manager.
- Supports Training & Professional Services training classrooms by responding to calls or EHD tickets for computer related issues. Troubleshoots's computing issues, and resolves desktop computing issues or raises server, network, or enterprise application issues as needed.
- Installs, configures, and maintains computer systems on isolated classroom network using detailed imaging process not using standard imaging tools.
- Proficient in Windows 7 and Windows 10 Operating Systems desktop environment, Windows Server, LAN-WAN Infrastructure, Telephony, Android and Apple technology support etc.
- Performs QA testing of new releases of software for basic functionality.
- Interacts with business unit representatives and external customers and represents the IT organization
- Applies enterprise ticketing systems and responds to trouble tickets, opens tickets and closes tickets
- Performs inventory management and uses enterprise inventory tracking tool to update location of classroom desktop computing systems
- Assists Boeing staff and contractors with business unit specific computer issues on an as needed basis
- Specific tasks related to tablet loading of pre-defined training images, deployment of tablets to instructors prior to class start, collection and reimage of tablet devices at course completion.
- Flight Training Instructor and Student Training environment - iPads imaging by using Apple MacBook
- Additional iPad support to Tier 1 and Flight Services Instructor Pilots.
- Non-UK PSIP support – familiarization with printing, tunneling, and general trouble-shooting.
- TDFL stations support.
- Training/Classroom/Briefing support – A/V equipment included.
- CBT environment support.
- Presentation screens, Video Teleconferencing support.
- Customer Internet Access kiosks.
- Reception – Visitors registration iPad Support.
- To deal with SAP user password reset requests.
- Extensive IT technical support skills with outstanding knowledge of operating systems taking care of Windows, Apple and Android platforms and software.
- Experience of taking care of Mobile devices and telephones.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Customer focused with strong customer service skills and the ability to apply sensitivity and discretion when required.
- Capable of handling multiple tasks at once and meeting commitments; positive demeanor even in stressful situations.
- Dynamic and proactive demeanor with flexibility.
- High level of energy, enthusiasm and passion highly desirable.
- Process oriented.
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills.
- Strong sensitivity for cultural differences and significant global foresight.
- At least three years hands-on experience in enterprise IT infrastructure support and service delivery.
- Professional technical certifications highly desirable.
- Previous experience working in a global IT team highly desirable.
Please apply asap for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll. Relocation Assistance is not available for this role.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
- Software Engineering Intern Gdansk, Pomerania, Poland 07/01/2022
- Business University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
- Engineering University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
- IT University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
No recently viewed jobs. View All Opportunities