Software Solution Developer 4Denver, Colorado
Software Solution Developer
WHO YOU ARE
You are passionate about solving real world problems using technology. You want to work directly with clients, understanding their business and using technology to solve their problems and improve efficiency—delivering solutions that the clients truly benefit from!
Problem solving gets you excited, especially with others in a team working tightly with the client. Collaboration and communication are your strengths. You find working with people from around the world to be exciting and stimulating.
You either know or are passionate about learning the Airline business. You see yourself contributing in workshops and communicating with different stakeholders as part of gathering requirements.
You thrive in a dynamic environment and see change as something positive.
- As part of an Agile implementation team, you will deliver client projects by configuring and customizing our world-leading Crew and Fleet Management and Optimization applications using XML, Python, and our proprietary RAVE language.
- You will use a test-driven development methodology to ensure top quality, developing automated test cases as you code.
- You will work directly with the client to understand their needs and business objectives and use that information to capture requirements.
- You will explain design decisions and technical solutions in a clear and confident way to clients, while managing client expectations and building long-term client relationships.
- You will be based in Denver, Colorado.
- You have the ability to travel to visit our clients from time to time, mainly in the Americas.
- You are passionate about using technology to solve complex problems.
- You enjoy working in a team.
- Solid programming ability, either through education, experience, or a combination of both
- Ability to work effectively in a Unix / Linux environment
- Strong communication and people skills
- Problem solving experience
- 6 to 12 years of relevant work experience
- A background in Airline Operation or Airline IT, ideally with Crew Management
- Experience working within a Scrum team or in similar Agile project setups
- An MSc or BSc in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent knowledge
- Experience in Analytics, Operations Research, or Optimization
- Speak additional languages fluently, especially Spanish or Portuguese
- Experience with
- building Pipelines, Jenkins, GoCD, GitLab
- Virtual Machine
- Version control system, like Git
- Java, RESTful services, Angular JS
- Eclipse IDE
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More