Technical Writer 3Denver, Colorado
Technical Writer 3
Who You Are
You are a Technical Writer able to create content using a variety of modalities. You can plan, research, write, and maintain user and technical content to help external and internal customers use a product. You can communicate product purpose and use at an audience-appropriate level. You value the customer and learner experience.
- Organize, develop, write and edit publications and related data to support product requirements; incorporate technical content into publications as required; maintain document configuration control.
- Gather and analyze customer requirements and research technical information used to develop technical documentation.
- Use authoring software to create multi-part documents that can be converted into various electronic formats.
- Tailor content to the needs of the audience.
- Create basic graphic elements in documents and ensure images are archived in approved repositories.
- Coordinate reviews to ensure accuracy of technical information and adherence to department quality standards.
- Maintain content files and archives.
- Work under general direction.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or equivalent experience in technical writing.
- At least 3 years direct experience in documenting software systems.
- Experience working in an Agile software environment.
- Direct experience producing documentation for different target audiences.
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable.
- Experience creating single-sourced content/help with authoring tools such as Adobe FrameMaker, MadCap Flare, oXygen, Arbortext, etc.
- Experience writing in a structured authoring environment, creating minimalist content.
- Sound knowledge of XML, HTML, and other help formats.
- Working knowledge of repositories such as Git.
- Working knowledge of Atlassian products (Confluence, JIRA).
- Basic experience with DITA and topic-based writing methodologies.
Applicable and appropriate educational/certification credentials from an accredited institution and/or equivalent experience is required.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
In locations where SPEEA representation applies, this job family will be covered by the terms of the collective bargaining agreement. Applicable and appropriate educational/certification credentials from an accredited institution and/or equivalent experience is required.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More