Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Tapestry Solutions, A Boeing Company, comes with over 30 years of industry experience designing, implementing, training and supporting logistics information systems. We have over 800 employees worldwide supporting our customers with high-quality, innovative, and cost-effective information technology and business LOCATION solutions. Tapestry Solutions supports 85 defense, commercial and government customers from over 50 US locations and nine countries, including operating bases in Europe and the Middle East.
Localization engineer applies interdisciplinary collaborative approach to assist with gathering all product (GOLDesp) resource files that need to be translated and prepare them for translation. Resource files include product documentations, training material, software screen shot and various product material and documentation. The Localization engineer aids in converting existing documents from English to Arabic as well as generating new documents in English and Arabic languages. Localization Engineer assists in creating a localized products look-and-feel to users of the GOLDesp product in Qatar. The Localization engineer also works with existing training material including Instructor guides and translate them into Arabic. The engineer will at times have to take screen shot from one product installation and adapt/translate them into Arabic for another product installation suitable for our customer’s own standard.
Localize Tapestry’s GOLDesp product documents including:
- How to document (about 50) and Instructor guide (about 300) various GOLDesp activities using content management and various text editing tools in MS Word Arabic/English format
- Be able to look at existing documentation and screen shots and translate the text into Arabic
- Lead the localization of a complex product from inception to completion, managing delivery of localization effort deliverables including translation of technical and non-technical documents
- Build strong relationships with product teams, educating and advising them on their product’s localization local insights for customer’s needs.
- Be accountable for the product localization schedule, from understanding the product milestones to drive the localization schedule to co-insight with product deliveries and training schedule schedules
- Understand localization workflows and services, identify tools and process needs to enable successful localization efforts, collaborate with product managers and various project members
This requisition is for an international, locally hired position in Doha, Qatar. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S.-based payroll, and will be commensurate with experience and qualifications and in accordance with applicable Qatar law. Employment is subject to the candidate’s ability to satisfy all Qatar labor and immigration formalities.
This is a fixed term position for 26 months and is subject for renewal.
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Successful candidate must have a Bachelor's and typically 6 or more years' related work experience, or a Master's degree and typically 4 or more years' related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Should be fluent in Arabic & English
Additional Preferred Skills:
- Knowledge of various Arabic language standards including (Modern Standard Arabic and the Classical Arabic
- Knowledge of computer assisted translation tools
- Familiar with a variety of publishing and editing software including MS Office, and preferably publishing tools such as InDesign, FinalCut, Photoshop, Office Suite etc.
- 3 years of Localization experience
- Understanding content management systems and web technologies
- Attention to details
- Good understanding of graphical user interface (GUI) standards and look-and-feel standards.
- Proven project management and leadership skills, especially experience managing complex projects with stakeholders across multiple functions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships
- Demonstrated ability in learning systems and tools, and driving or designing improvements
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award