Compliance Verification Engineer – Electrical and Avionic SystemsDublin, Leinster
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Due to expansion, Boeing Ireland are looking for a Compliance Verification Engineer (CVE) to support the design and certification of changes to aircraft flight deck and cabin interior modifications. The role will include the generation, review and compliance verification of certification documentation and technical drawings for these modifications to demonstrate compliance with relevant regulatory and customer requirements and procedures defined in the company’s Design Organization Handbook (DOH). This role requires the candidate to be a Subject Matter Expert (SME), specialising in aircraft avionic and electrical systems including Autoflight, Communication, Indication & Alerting, Navigation, Recording, Surveillance, lighting and cabin entertainment systems.
The CVE will have an independent, in-depth checking function for the content of the design (documentation, test results, etc.) while not being involved in the design process.
- Reporting to the Engineering Manager and working with the global engineering services team, across multiple time-zones, in order to identify engineering and certification requirements and solutions for active and upcoming aircraft cabin flight deck and cabin interior projects.
- Guide certification activities to ensure compliance with design requirements and be a technical focal for certification and design issues relation to the systems modifications and any third party equipment integration.
- To be a technical focal for engineering and certification issues relating to the integration of electrical equipment and avionics for Minor Design Changes and STC Applications undertaken by Boeing Ireland Limited.
- Develop substantiation documentation in order to demonstrate compliance with relevant electrical and avionic related airworthiness requirements and provide compliance verification when not directly involved with the compilation for documents including;
o Test plans and reports
o Compliance Statements
o Analysis documents
o Compliance checklists
o Certification programmes
- Compile engineering accomplishment documentation and instructions for continued airworthiness including;
o Engineering drawing & wiring diagrams
o Service Bulletins / accomplishment instructions
o Aircraft and component manual supplements including wiring diagram manual, system schematic manuals and EWIS ICA.
• Review and approve substantiation documentation produced by other members of staff or by suppliers to provide assurance of successful showing of compliance with relevant customer and regulatory requirements.
- Current or recent employment within the aerospace industry working with an EASA Part 21, Subpart J Design Organisation as a Compliance Verification Engineer (CVE), with terms of approval including Avionics and Electrical systems
- The candidate must have an in depth knowledge of the aircraft to ensure they are able to foresee any potential airworthy and practical problems during accomplishment.
- Able to demonstrate a comprehensive working knowledge of EASA regulatory and applicable airworthiness requirements including CS-25, JAR-25 and FAR 25 requirements
- Knowledge and experience of aircraft installation programmes and associated systems
- A high level of attention to detail and professional integrity
- Ability to work on multiple programmes with varying level of requirements efficiently and effectively
- Ability to prioritise workloads and show flexibility to changing situations / demands.
- Previous experience as a Compliance Verification Engineer (CVE) is essential.
Minimum Bachelor’s Degree within Aerospace/Aeronautical or Avionic Engineering and/or significant experience in related commercial aircraft design fields.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More