Cyber Security LeadEdinburgh, South Australia
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defence Australia is shaping the future of aerospace and delivering some of the nation's most important programs for the Australian Defence Force.
Joining us is a chance to make your mark, working with a diverse team that is united in pushing the boundaries of imagination and excellence.
We currently employ more than 2,500 people across 14 sites in Australia and three international locations and have a range of opportunities available as we plan for future growth.
Do you aspire to help build something better? Would you like to work for a company that employs the best talent to develop and deliver world class capabilities and systems to protect Australia and its national interests? Would you like to work on cutting edge projects? Then we would like to talk to you.
As an equal opportunity employer that promotes a diverse and safe workplace environment, one of the country's leading and preferred defence partners, Boeing Defence Australia (BDA) is now recruiting a Cyber Security Lead based at RAAF Base Edinburgh, Adelaide.
This position will lead a newly created team of 6 Cyber Security Specialists supporting the P-8A Poseidon project, working hand in the hand with the RAAF to help support and deliver operational requirements.
The successful candidate would have a developed understanding in a wide variety of technologies with typical responsibilities involving:
- Lead a team responsible for implementation of information security requirements, policies, standards, guidelines and procedures.
- Evaluate and respond to emerging security issues. Evaluates capability risk/gaps and takes and/or coordinates action to meet objectives.
- Participate in evaluation of process effectiveness and identifies areas for improvement.
- Deliver sound and timely information security design advice. Can recommend technological or procedural solutions to meet security control intent in support of engineering projects.
- Analyse and document information security events.
- Identify root causes, prioritise threats and recommend and/or implement corrective actions.
- Test and deploy risk mitigation processes and tools. Monitor outcomes and take action.
- Participate in the creation of security policies, audits, assessments.
To be successful you will have:
- Working knowledge of Australian Defence security framework and associated policies and procedures including familiarity with the Australian Cyber Security Centre Information Security Manual.
- Understanding of developing and implementing information security practices in an engineering environment.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills and the ability to clearly articulate complex security concepts to a broad and diverse audience.
- Sound information security knowledge across the following environments is desirable:
- Network connectivity and configuration.
- Windows Client-server systems.
- Linux Client-server systems.
- Support and maintenance of in-house hardware/software systems.
- Engineering Change Management processes.
- A desire to work as part of a dynamic team supporting a diverse range of technology
- Industry recognised information security qualification (CISSP, CISM, ISO 270001, IRAP, DRAP, etc.) and or relevant experience.
- Applicants must be Australian citizens to meet defence security requirements, and have the ability to obtain and maintain a NV2 Security Clearance.
The preferred applicant will be required to successfully undergo the security clearance vetting process at the TOP SECRET NEGATIVE VETTING 2 level. The preferred applicant MUST be willing to disclose all relevant and required information and MUST have lived in Australia, or have a checkable background, for at least the precedingfive years.
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are core values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. Female applicants, people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island descent and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Flexible working options
Employee Incentive Program
How to apply
If you would like to see your career take off click Apply now.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.