Assembler Space ElectronicEl Segundo, California; Los Angeles, California
Boeing El Segundo is in need of Electronic Space Assemblers to join our team and support the manufacturing build of space electronics.
This position is located in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
This is a hourly union position.
- Perform incidental related duties as assigned or required.
- Ability to assemble by soldering components on space qualified PWBs, TMM-10, and MIC modules, slices, units and super-units.
- Make interconnects by soldering point to point or by building wire harnesses using qualified soldering, crimping and splicing techniques.
- Cleans equipment and work areas as required.
- Performs rework of the same nature and level of difficulty as described.
- Perform basic commands on PC
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
This position requires the ability to obtain U.S. Security Clearance, for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills & Experience):
- Previous experience in an electronics assembly production environment
- Have the ability to use manual fine motor skills or similar hands-on work
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills & Experience):
- Previous certification to NASA STDs and/or IPC J-STD-001 is ideal. Previous experience in an electronics assembly production environment
Typical Education & Experience:
High School Diploma or GED
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More