Associate Space Vehicle Flight Systems EngineerEl Segundo, California; Los Angeles, California
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defense, Space and Security is seeking an Associate Space Vehicle Flight Systems Engineer (level 2) to design, develop, and deliver state-of-the-art satellite systems for commercial, civil and/or national security programs. This position will support the development of complex solutions on advanced next generation spacecraft technologies in the area of: Attitude Control Subsystem (ACS), Autonomy Subsystem (AS), and Command and Data Handling Subsystem (C&DH). For each subsystem, you will experience the full lifecycle of satellite development from: requirements definition and flow down, algorithm design and analysis, system hardware integration, software validation, development of satellite operating procedure, and support satellite operations. This position is located in El Segundo, CA.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Basic relocation is available for internal candidates.
- Supporting the resolution of technical issues and ensuring the spacecraft and system solutions are flight worthy prior to delivery.
- Evaluating customer/operational needs to define system performance requirements, integrating technical parameters and assuring compatibility of physical, functional and program interfaces.
- Performing various analyses to optimize overall spacecraft architecture.
- Supporting trade studies to meet program requirements.
This position requires an active U.S. Security Clearance with successful completion of a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) by the federal government within the last 5 years (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Experience with Aerospace or Electrical Engineering
- Bachelor's Degree or higher from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience with Systems Engineering.
- Experience with C/C++
- Experience with CCSDS and IP (Internet Protocol).
- Experience working with 1553, SpaceWire, and CAN.
- Experience with COMSEC/CRYPTO/TRANSEC.
- Experience working with MATLAB and VBA tool development.
- Experience with Satellite design and test.
- Experience working in a team atmosphere.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal).
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 2 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. Master). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More