Cyber Security Specialist
El Segundo, California; Los Angeles, California
On our cyber teams, you’ll work with leading-edge technology developing solutions for the defense and intelligence communities. While building the future with Boeing, you’ll also help protect it.
of the time
What does it take?
What makes a successful Cybersecurity employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Quick thinking
“ At Boeing, cybersecurity is integral to everything we do and addressed at every stage of system development. I am fortunate to collaborate with talented individuals across different departments to ensure the security of our products. Having served in the military, I am proud to continue to support our troops by ensuring their mission needs are met. ”Jason Shelton Cybersecurity Engineer (Developmental Center), Cyber Test and Evaluation Lead
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
Cyber Security Specialist
The Boeing Company is seeking a highly motivated Cyber Security Specialist to join our Government Cyber Security team in a variety of locations across the United States including: Tukwila, Washington, Kent, Washington, Seattle, Washington, Colorado Springs Colorado, El Segundo, California, Huntington Beach California, and Layton, Utah.
- Perform security analysis of operational and development environments, threats, vulnerabilities and internal interfaces to define and assess compliance with accepted industry and government standards
- Lead and implement the Assessment and Authorization (A&A) processes under the Risk Managed Framework (RMF) for new and existing information systems
- Facilitates development of Memorandums of Understanding (MOU), Interconnection Security Agreements (ISA), Risk Acceptance Letters (RAL) and support Continuous Monitoring (CONMON)
- Oversees configuration management of assigned systems; auditing systems to ensure security posture integrity
- Lead staff with assessments and test/analysis data to document state of compliance with security requirements
- Conduct risk assessments and investigations, execute appropriate risk mitigations, and oversee incident response activities
- Conducts periodic hardware/software inventory assessments
- Serves as organization spokesperson on advanced projects and programs. Acts as advisor to management and customers on advanced technical research studies
- Interfaces with the appropriate government customers, suppliers, and company personnel to implement protective mechanisms and to ensure understanding of and compliance with cybersecurity requirements
- Oversees the development and deployment of program information security for all program systems to meet the program and enterprise requirements, policies, standards, guidelines and procedures.
- Manages assigned team to facilitate effective execution of Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- Provides guidance and coaching to support team within Information Security.
- Manages and performs security compliance continuous monitoring.
- Oversees and participates in security assessments and audits.
- Prepares, reviews, and presents technical reports and briefings.
- Identifies root causes, prioritizes threats and recommends and/or implements corrective action.
- Explores the enterprise and industry for evolving state of industry knowledge and methods regarding information security best practices.
- Leads development of enterprise-wide information security policies, standards, guidelines and procedures that may reach across multiple stakeholder organizations.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- This position requires an active Current Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
- Possess at least one of the following IAM Level 1 or 3 DoD 8570.01: GSLC, CISSP, CISM, Security+, or CCISO
- Demonstrated knowledge with security relevant tools, systems, and applications in support of RMF to include: SLUNK, NESSUS, ACAS, DISA STIGs, SCAP, Audit Reduction, or HBSS
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience with cyber security policies and implementation of Risk Management Framework (RMF): e.g. DAAPM, CNSSI 1253, ICD-503, JSIG, and/or NIST SP 800 series and experience in assessing and documenting test or analysis data to show cyber security compliance
- Demonstrated experience leading audits conducted by external stakeholders.
- Experience as an ISSO implementing or managing cyber security requirements on classified systems under JSIG, NISPOM, ICD 503, and/or CNSSI 1253
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience, 9 years' related work experience, etc.).
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Some locations may require a higher level of clearance than others such as Top Secret or SSBI, requirements of each role will be verified with the recruiter prior to the interview process
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply as soon as possible for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Individual Contributor - 3
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.