Experienced Design and Analysis Power Supply EngineerEl Segundo, California; Los Angeles, California
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing is seeking an Experienced Power Supply Design and Analysis Engineer to work in the El Segundo, CA location. Boeing's Space and Launch Division manages the company's major commercial and government satellite and ground programs for communications, national defense and other missions.
**This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Basic relocation is available for internal candidates.**
- Design and development of state-of-the art power electronics for space-based applications.
- Duties will include circuit design, requirements and interface definition, modeling and analysis, testing, performance and design verification – with emphasis on Power Supply and Analog Circuit Design.
- Technical support for production and test of space-qualified electronics.
- Work supporting satellite communications systems.
This position requires the ability to obtain U.S. Security Clearance (post start), for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience):
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited course of study is required.
- Six (6) or more years of experience with analog power electronics.
- Six (6) or more years of experience with power supply circuitry.
- Six (6) or more years of experience designing with Power Electronics.
- Six (6) or more years of experience in the development of test system requirements and verification methodologies.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelors with 8 or more years of experience, Masters with 6 or more years of experience or PhD with 4 or more years of experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in Electrical Engineering.
- Experience with circuit design for Space Applications.
- Four (4) or more years of experience mentoring early career engineers.
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 6 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More