Experienced Flight Software Engineer
El Segundo, California; Los Angeles, California
With Boeing, your software innovations can touch commercial and military aircraft, rockets and spacecraft as well as advanced cyber solutions. This is where you can build the future.
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Software Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ Working on a complex system in a lab environment is challenging and exciting, but the real reward came when I got to test our system with defense customers. I was able to interface directly with the men and women who would be depending on our products and hear their feedback firsthand.”Steve Jacobsen Digital Signal Processing Engineer, Software Engineer
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons, certification courses and degree-seeking programs.
12 weeks paid parental leave.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions (up to 11 percent!).
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM-studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
Experienced Flight Software Engineer
Boeing Satellite Division in El Segundo is seeking Software Engineers, passionate about space and excited to work in a multi-disciplined, collaborative engineering environment to design, develop and implement control and communications software for a new fleet of Boeing satellites.
A variety of projects to match diverse interests include:
- Software infrastructure and device drivers for new embedded processors and hardware interfaces to satellite sensors and actuators.
- Communication payload resource control, data management and network interfaces.
- Guidance and navigation control algorithms.
- Web-based tools and services supporting satellite development and operations.
- Integration and test of satellite control software using simulators and ground systems.
- Responsible for full life-cycle development including requirements analysis, software architecture, design, coding, unit test, integration and formal qualification.
- Candidate should possess excellent communications skills to participate in design and code reviews, have a thorough understanding of version control and software quality attributes, such as testability, portability and maintainability, and enjoy a self-driven and collaborative development approach.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience, Master's with 7 or more years' experience or PhD with 4 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Degree in computer engineering, computer science or equivalent is preferred.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 7+ years of software development experience in C++ using object oriented design methods.
- Proficiency in design and implementation of multi-threaded real-time applications; use of TCP/IP protocols and user/kernel level OS abstractions.
- 2+ years experience in software architecture and requirements.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience with avionics control algorithms, search algorithms and math libraries, telemetry and command handling.
- Hands-on experience with hardware interfaces, embedded processor architectures, I/O device drivers and board support packages.
- Hands-on experience with embedded/real-time OS (Linux, VxWorks, Integrity) and CAN or SpaceWire protocols.
- Hands-on experience in networking, SQL and noSQL databases, web-based development.
- Proficiency in UML modeling, test-driven development, Agile process and DevOps tools.
No Space and Launch Individual Contributor No No Standard United States; The Boeing Company