Experienced Space Systems Architect
El Segundo, California; Los Angeles, California
Here, systems engineering means integrating performance, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability and human systems into all of our products and solutions. In other words, you’ll build the future of Boeing.
of the time
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Systems Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ At Boeing, we work in space. We work in air traffic management. We build airplanes. It’s really rewarding to see work that we do in a lab develop into an amazing product. That’s a daily occurrence. ”Suzanne Hawkins Systems Engineer
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
Experienced Space Systems Architect
The Boeing Company is seeking an Experienced Space Systems Architect (Level 4) to join a project team assisting with the development of complex, state-of-the-art systems for space-based applications for commercial and government customers. You will be a member of a high performance systems engineering team interacting with customers, suppliers, program management, integration and test engineers and senior technologists.
You will participate in all phases of the system development life cycle, including concept of operations (CONOPS) development, requirements development, analysis and decomposition, software and hardware system design, algorithm design, risk management, integration, test and documentation. The successful candidate will be leading system/subsystem level CONOPS development, multi-segment interface definition, architecture integration, functional decomposition, and system design activities.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. (Basic relocation is available for internal candidates, based on candidate eligibility.)
- Lead system and sub-system level CONOPS development, requirements definition, multi-segment interface definition, architecture integration, functional analysis, and system design activities.
- Lead system level trade studies and briefings.
- Support system level integration and test planning and execution (including functional validation as well as formal requirements sell-off).
- Mentor the program junior systems engineers and review their work for quality.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers.
Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
This position requires an active/current U.S. Security Clearance with successful completion of a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) by the federal government within the last 5 years (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Basic (Required) Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in an engineering classification is required.
- Experience in space systems design, architecture definition, and functional analysis.
- Experience in CONOPS development, trade studies, and requirements/interface definitions.
- Leadership experience with a small team.
Preferred (Desired) Qualifications
- Excellent communication skills, and ability to interact well in group meeting/working environments.
- Self-starter that works independently to formulate and execute project plans, complete and track assigned tasks.
- Working knowledge of Model Based Systems Engineering approaches, methods, and techniques.
- Experience with Model Based Engineering tools and languages such as Enterprise Architecture, Cameo, MagicDraw, and UML/SysML.
- Experience with large scale end-to-end satellite and space systems architecture development.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in either Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering or Computer Engineering.
Typical Education & Experience
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience, Master's with 7 or more years' experience or PhD with 4 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree
from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.