Experienced Wire Design & Install EngineerEl Segundo, California; Los Angeles, California
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Defense, Space and Security, Space and Launch division is seeking an Experienced Wire Design and Install Engineer (Level 3) to provide support to multiple commercial and proprietary programs for the Wire Harness Engineering Group. The Wire Harness Engineering Group is part of Boeing Space and Launch, In-Space Vehicles organization, which manages the company's major commercial and government satellite and ground programs for communications, national defense and other missions.
This position will develop, document, and maintain wire harness detail designs to establish the mechanical design, manufacture, and installation of wire harness products and components. This position coordinates with other engineering groups to establish the product's systems and mechanical requirements, guide product design and verifies systems functional integrity by using analytical methods, such as schematic validation tools and processes, hand calculations, design reviews and other analysis tools (CEEDS, CAWS, etc.) throughout the product life-cycle. The position will be part of a small team of wire harness engineers to provide support, mentorship, and help define priorities. This position is located in El Segundo, CA.
- Develops and maintains cable/wire harness schematic designs.
- Develops and maintains electrical product detail wire lists and bills of materials.
- Analyzes results and performs design reviews.
- Provides engineering design disposition on discrepancies (e.g., rejection tags, production action requests, shop revision requests).
- Documents processes, specifications and procedures that support the design and manufacture of electrical commodities.
- Participates in technical review of supplier capabilities to facilitate source selection.
- Analyzes functional and physical input to assure development of complete integrated design.
- Works under general direction.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Basic relocation is available for internal candidates.
This position requires an active U.S. Secret Security Clearance, for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience):
- 3 or more years' experience working with wiring diagrams and/or functional schematics
- Experience using CEEDS, Mentor Graphics Capital and/or an equivalent avionics wire design tool.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills and Experience):
- Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Experience with Space based systems.
- Relevant and recent work experience in wire harness design
- Experience with wire harness components and specifications.
Typical Education and Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
CEEDs experience required. Mentor Graphics Capital Experience a plus.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More