Expert ASIC - FPGA Design and Verification EngineerEl Segundo, California; Los Angeles, California
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defense Space & Security seeks Expert Digital ASIC - FPGA Design and Verification Engineers to support the Satellite Capabilities organization and multiple satellite product lines based in El Segundo, CA.
- Develops Company technology development strategies and integrates product specifications into technology strategies.
- Supports development of technical aspects of critical proposals.
- Leads development of Company make/buy strategy for electronic products.
- Develops, designs and conducts research that results in new product offerings or business opportunities.
- Represents the Company in industry research and development activity related various aspects of electronic products design, manufacture and test.
- Works independently.
- Leads design and verification engineers, reporting status to management.
- Resolves complex issues on critical programs related to architectural approaches, requirements, specifications and design.
- Leads technical aspect of proposal preparation.
- Evaluates and integrates third-party IP and verification IP (VIP).
- Stays current on new technologies and best practices.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Basic relocation is available for internal candidates.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- 20 or more years' of experience in digital ASIC/FPGA design and verification
- Work experience using Verliog or SystemVerilog.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor's degree and 25 or more years' experience in digital ASIC/FPGA design and verification, Master's degree with 23 or more years' experience in digital design/verification, or PhD degree with 19 years of experience in digital design/verification.
- Experience developing, designing, and conducting research that results in new product offerings or business opportunities.
- Experience representing the Company in industry research and development activities.
- Experience leading technical aspect of proposal preparation.
- Experience leading teams of design and verification engineers, reporting status to program management.
- Experience with radiation hardened ASIC and FPGA design techniques.
- Experience working other engineering teams (e.g. board designers, system engineers, requirement engineers, reliability engineers, engineers), to ensure the ASIC/FPGA functions safely and reliably when deployed by assisting in Worst Case Circuit Analysis, IO timing, IO type selection, life analysis, software con-ops, MTBF analysis, etc.
- Experience creating and improving department process guidelines and procedures (e.g. engineering standards, checklists, process flows, etc.).
- Experience evaluating and recommending technology that is new to the organization.
- Experience leading development of architectural approaches from customer and system requirements.
- Experience designing digital ASIC/FPGA architectural design documents (micro-architecture documents with timing diagrams, detailed design blocks, etc.).
- Experience deriving digital ASIC/FPGA requirements specification from higher-level (system or board-level) requirements specifications.
- Experience identifying, tracking, and providing status of technical performance metrics to measure progress and ensure compliance with requirements.
- Experience developing complex and high data rate designs.
- Work experience performing RTL synthesis.
- Work experience performing clock cross domain analysis (CDC).
- Work experience performing Static Timing Analysis and correcting timing violations.
- Work experience writing Universal Verification Methodology (UVM) sequences and virtual sequences.
- Work experience using Linux or Unix terminal commands.
- Experience using scripting languages: Make, Perl, Python, shell scripts, etc.
- Experience using Revision Control Systems: Subversion (SVN), CVS, Git
- Work experience simulating a digital design using SystemVerilog
- Work experience using Object Oriented Programming concepts: Inheritance, Polymorphism, etc.
- Work experience using Universal Verification Methodology (UVM): Experience creating drivers, monitors, predictors, and scoreboards.
- Work experience creating a self-checking simulation testbench from scratch.
- Experience mentoring junior engineers.
Typical Education / Experience
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 20 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+15 years' related work experience, Master+18 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required,
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More