GPS IIF Software Sustainment IPT Lead
El Segundo, California; Los Angeles, California
With Boeing, your software innovations can touch commercial and military aircraft, rockets and spacecraft as well as advanced cyber solutions. This is where you can build the future.
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Software Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ Working on a complex system in a lab environment is challenging and exciting, but the real reward came when I got to test our system with defense customers. I was able to interface directly with the men and women who would be depending on our products and hear their feedback firsthand.”Steve Jacobsen Digital Signal Processing Engineer, Software Engineer
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
GPS IIF Software Sustainment IPT Lead
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world. Successful candidate will join the GPS IIF program team in El Segundo, California. This IPT Lead will be responsible for the technical oversight and coaching/mentoring of a team of
software engineers involved in the development and sustainment of GPS IIF Payload and Flight Software products.
- Responsible for all aspects of embedded real-time software development and will require leading the sustainment team on troubleshooting and integration testing with test/target hardware.
- Responsible for leading a team of twenty plus engineers working on new program Engineering Change Proposals (ECP), and new business proposals
- Will guide the team to achieve challenging, but obtainable goals and schedules while ensuring that technical approaches and deliverables comply with contractual, company, and regulatory requirements.
- Will be involved in all aspects of the SW development process, including leading activities to develop, document, integrate/test and maintain requirements, designs, algorithms, and interfaces GPS software products.
- Responsible for effectively communicating with internal and external customers, during new business planning and proposal efforts, milestone reviews, software development and sustainment activities.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Basic relocation is available for internal candidates.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Required Qualifications/Experience and Education
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 14 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+9 years' related work experience, Master+12 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Basic Qualifications Required:
- **This position requires a Current/active DoD Secret U.S. Security Clearance, for which the U.S. government requires U.S. citizenship. (Pre-Start)
- Minimum of B.S. in the field of Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Computer Engineering of other related engineering field
- 3+ years' experience leading software development projects
- 5+ years’ experience with full cycle software development process
- 5+ years’ experience working on program proposals and Engineering Change Proposals (ECP)
1. Excellent written, communication, and interpersonal skills
2. Experience with all aspects of embedded real-time software development
3. Experience working with US Airforce government contracts
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.