Integrated Planning & Scheduling SpecialistEl Segundo, California; Los Angeles, California
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
We have an exciting opportunity for multiple Integrated Planning & Scheduling Specialists in El Segundo, CA. This position will be part of the Boeing Space and Launch Systems, Satellite Systems Business Area. The selected individual will support our Government Satellite Programs Integrated Product Teams within the El Segundo Development Center.
The Satellite Systems Business Area in El Segundo is seeking motivated career driven professionals to support program and a portfolio scheduling initiatives in a growing product area. You will draw upon your experience in all aspects of government program scheduling to include production programs, development program, agile software programs and Project Server portfolio management. As an IP&S (Integrated Planning & Scheduling) team member you will be required to develop proposal plans and schedules, baseline execution schedules, maintain the in-work schedules, perform critical path analysis and what-if planning and support the delivery of IPMR Format 6 deliverables
As the Scheduler, you will participate all aspects of IP&S activities and will execute the following roles to provide actionable, value added products to their customers:
*Portfolio Management – Architect and lead portfolio networking in a Project Server environment
*Program Planning – Developing initial planning products (e.g. IMP, WBS, Master Phasing Schedule, High Level Flow's)
*Program Scheduling – Development of the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS)
*Detailed Scheduling & Change Management – Developing and maintaining lower level schedules
*Change Integration – Manages the change integration teams
*Project Management – Lead key program initiatives to improve execution.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• In charge of the program IMS and serve as the schedule lead for the Integrated Product team in developing, integrating and maintaining the IMS reporting to the Program Management team.
• Work closely with the Integrated Product Team Leads, the IP&S team and program leadership to ensure alignment and integration of the IMS with other key program plans and schedules such as the Integrated Master Plan (IMP), Master Phasing Plan, Critical Path Analysis, High Level Flow (HLF) and detailed schedules below the IMS.
• Accountable for schedule compliance, assessment of schedule risk, identification of opportunities (including schedule margin planning) and providing robust/actionable performance reporting from the IMS to support and drive program management understanding and action.
• Lead the integration of supplier and partner plans and schedules into the IMS to ensure the whole team is operating to the same rhythm and priorities.
• Model driving program execution through quick turn generation of prospective schedule performance analyses, recovery/alternate scenario planning and improved schedule visibility/visualization.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
This position requires a current Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) US Citizenship
- 1+ years of experience as a Master Scheduler
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience with Earned Value Management (EVM) with applying Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations Supplement (DFARS) requirements
- Experience modeling complex development programs including integration of activities across multiple platforms, multiple suppliers, and customer resources
- MS Project experience with Integrated Schedules and Logic networks.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Master's degree
- Project Management Certification (PMP) or have an understanding of PMBOK principles/relevant coursework
Active Top Secret with SCI
Typical Education and Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 10 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master+8 years' related work experience, 14 years' related work experience, etc.).
**Referral to this job is eligible for bonus**
Bonus amount: US dollars (USD) $4000
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility
Drug Free Workplace
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies
Diversity & Inclusion Commitment:
At Boeing, diversity, equity, and inclusion are enduring company values. We strive to live these values every day not only because it’s the right thing to do, but because our success depends on it. The company’s commitment to diversity and inclusion means providing a work environment for all employees that is welcoming, respectful and equitable, with opportunities for personal and professional development.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More