Lead Electrical Design and Analysis EngineerEl Segundo, California; Los Angeles, California
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
beginning of this portion.
Space Electronics at The Boeing Company's Satellite Development Center in El Segundo, California is seeking a Lead Electrical Design and Analysis Engineer whose area of expertise is electronics test and automated test system design. Our automated test systems include those designed for testing RF/microwave/millimeter-wave electronics, power electronics, and digital electronics for space applications. Units requiring automated test range from single-board computers to switching networks, modems, and microwave electronics used in space-based applications. The person in this position will support test system architecture definition, hands-on test development and test system design, verification, validation and documentation, as well as providing project coordination and leadership for less senior personnel.
The position will report directly to the Electrical Engineering Manager. This position coordinates with various other engineering and non-engineering teams in order to analyze customer and system requirements to develop basic architectural approaches and detailed specifications for various electronic products. This person will be responsible for maintaining the accuracy and security of their projects while exceeding the industry standard for design creation and protocols. The ideal candidate must demonstrate a passion for identifying and meeting customer needs.
- Lead design teams in development activities with cost and project schedule accountability
- Development of test system requirements and verification methodologies
- Make recommendations for test equipment procurement
- Hands-on design, documentation and design leadership of automated test system development projects
- Supporting test system proposals and bids
- Resolves complex issues on critical programs related to architectural approaches, requirements, specifications and design.
- Supports technical aspect of proposal preparation.
- Participate in Special Test Equipment (STE) personnel development through mentoring and group presentations
- Identifies critical performance measures and develops processes for computing them.
- Leads activities in support of Supplier Management with make/buy recommendations and other technical services.
- Coordinates engineering support throughout the lifecycle of the product.
- Develops new concepts for future product designs to meet projected requirements.
- Recommends and manages technology insertion.
- Works under consultative direction.
This position requires the ability to obtain U.S. Security Clearance post start, for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
A final U.S secret clearance Post Start is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience):
- 5 or more years experience with design, integration, and test of electrical systems
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experienced Technical Designer with a demonstrated history of working in the aviation and aerospace industry
- Experience with RF measurements including intermodulation distortion, phase noise, and spurious measurement test techniques and familiarity with S-parameters
- Experience with electronics laboratory instrumentation
- Experience working with analysis tools, such as Pspice
- Experience with product configuration management
- Software/coding experience using LabView, Test Stand, C/C#, Python, FPGA Verilog/VHDL, and Matlab Signal Processing is a plus
- Experience leading automated test system design verification/validation
- Experience with high frequency RF, Digital, power and analog test systems
- Experience managing/leading engineering projects.
- Experience effectively communicating and collaborating on multi-discipline teams
- Experience mentoring junior engineers.
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Basic relocation is available for internal candidates.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
At Boeing, diversity, equity, and inclusion are enduring company values. We strive to live these values every day not only because it’s the right thing to do, but because our success depends on it. The company’s commitment to diversity and inclusion means providing a work environment for all employees that is welcoming, respectful and equitable, with opportunities for personal and professional development
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More