Lead Phased Array Antenna EngineerEl Segundo, California; Los Angeles, California
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defense Space & Security seeks a Lead Phased Array Antenna Engineer to support the in Space Vehicles organization based in El Segundo, CA.
• Applies an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to lead activities to plan, design, develop and verify complex antenna/array systems - communication, sensor, electronic warfare and other electromagnetic systems and components.
• Evaluates customer and /operational needs to define and coordinate antenna/array system performance requirements, integrate technical parameters and assure compatibility of all physical, functional and program interfaces.
• Performs various analyses to optimize total system architecture.
• Performs costing exercises related to array antenna systems
• Develops verification plans, test specs as well as test equipment required for array antenna verification.
• Performs trade studies, modeling, simulation and other forms of analysis to predict component, interconnects and system performance and to optimize design around established requirements.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Basic relocation is available for internal candidates.
This position requires the ability to obtain U.S. Security Clearance post start, for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience):
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical engineering classification is required
- 5 or more years of experience in the design or development of payload and/or phased array antennas
- Antenna/payload RF (radio frequency) experience.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills and Experience):
• Successful completion of a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) by the federal government within the last 5 years.
• Experience with HFSS, DOORS, MATLAB, CREO, CREO VIEW, TEAMCENTER ENTERPRISE, and/or Gated Design Process.
• Experience in the design or development of conventional and/or phased array antennas.
• Hands-on hardware (lab environment) experience with Antenna design or testing.
• Experience in antenna and antenna feed production and verification.
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More