Lead Satellite Flight Systems EngineerEl Segundo, California; Los Angeles, California
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defense, Space, and Security is seeking a Lead Satellite Flight System Engineer to lead teams to develop flight systems on complex satellite systems: Attitude Control Subsystem (ACS), Autonomy System (AS), Command and Data Handling Subsystem (C&DH) and Mission Systems Engineering and Operations (MSEO). This position will focus on developing requirements definition and flow down, systems design and analysis, systems integration, test and design validation, verification, and writing satellite operating procedure and support satellite operations. This position is located in El Segundo, CA.
**This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Basic relocation is available for internal candidates.**
- Develops optimal subsystem designs, performing requirements definition and flowdown, creating operational concepts and products, developing interface requirements, and performing verification and validation.
- Resolves technical issues and ensuring the spacecraft and system are flight worthy prior to delivery.
- Creates tools and techniques to optimize, analyze, and validate performance.
- Develops solutions with cross-functional teams to assure mission success and presenting those findings to customer and senior management.
- Performs trade studies to meet program requirements.
- Drives technology roadmaps.
- Leads and coaching others.
This position requires an active U.S. Security Clearance with a SSBI (Single Scope Background Investigation), for which the U.S Government requires U.S. Citizenship. A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Experience leading small engineering teams.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience with Space Systems Engineering.
- Experience with Electrical Engineering.
- Experience developing solutions to complex technical problems.
- Strong communication (both written and verbal).
- Experience working with C/C++.
- Experience working with MATLAB and VBA tool development.
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More