Payload IPT Leader (Sr. Career Experienced)El Segundo, California; Los Angeles, California
In-Space Vehicles Engineering, located in El Segundo, CA, is seeking a career experienced, highly skilled, and motivated Level 1 Payload IPT (Integrated Product Team) Leader. Candidate will lead a cross-discipline team in Payload subsystem program execution. The responsibilities include delivering on all cost and schedule program commitments, technical performance/management of products through delivery, and managing risk and opportunities.
- Candidate will be a leading interface for The Boeing Company, working with supplier, customer and end-user communities.
- Candidate will have primary responsibility, authority and accountability (RAA) for program execution and program battle rhythm including earned value, technical performance metrics reporting, cost account management, and communications/briefing to executive leadership - highlighting and project managing program cost, schedule, risk/mitigation, and technical performance while providing timely affordable, lean, root cause/corrective action-based solutions.
- Candidate will be a skilled project manager with career-experience and knowledge in leading Non-Recurring engineering (NRE) efforts, project baseline development, resource loading, project breakdown structure (WBS/PBS) activities and program-level metrics.
- Candidate will ensure preparation of the master plan and schedule, such as Integrated Master Plan and Integrated Master Schedule [IMP/IMS], and First Article Plan, through coordination and conflict resolution with other Boeing teams, functions, and organizations, as well as customers, suppliers and other stakeholders.
- Integrates relevant lessons learned from previous programs.
- Verifies all deliverables and statement of work items for complex projects are completed by comparing finished products, services, and other deliverables to statement of work and other contractual requirements. Compares actual results to baseline plan to assess project performance, efficiencies, productivity, and lessons learned.
- Archives documentation according to approved records retention schedule.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense, space and security systems. As America’s biggest manufacturing exporter, the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft, satellites, weapons, electronic and defense systems, launch systems, advanced information and communication systems, and performance-based logistics and training. With corporate offices in Chicago, Boeing employs approximately 145,000 people across the United States and in more than 65 countries. As part of Space & Missile Systems, In-Space Vehicles Engineering, based in Los Angeles, CA, manages the company's major commercial and government satellite and ground programs for communications, national defense and other missions.
Space and Launch
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's 14 or more years' experience, Master's with 12 or more years' experience or PhD with 9 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position requires the ability to obtain U.S. Security Clearance, for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills & Experience):
Experience in Program Management or IPT Leadership including cost, schedule and technical management
Full time aerospace industry experience within Mechanical, Structural, Payloads, Design, Analysis, or Production Liaison engineering
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
Ideal candidate will have extensive experience with satellite payload subsystems, including systems engineering, payload layout, wire harness, antenna subsystems, payload electronics, and passive microwave devices. Additionally, candidate will understand the payload subsystem lifecycle: design, analysis, manufacturing, procurements, and assembly, integration, and test. Prefer candidate to have additional knowledge and experience with mechanical systems engineering, structural dynamics, thermal analysis, thermal (multi-layer insulation) blanket, primary load structures, tooling, deployable structures.
An Active SSBI clearance is preferred pre-start.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More