Phantom Works Space - Operations Senior ManagerEl Segundo, California; Los Angeles, California
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you'll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) organization is seeking Phantom Works Space - Operations Senior Manager to join the team located at the El Segundo, CA.
This leader will serve as the PW Operations capabilities/functional support leader to PW Space programs with additional integration responsibilities with Millennium Space Systems. Duties focused on leading PW Proprietary Space manufacturing and production readiness activities as well as integrating with partner organizations.
- Manages employees and first-level managers performing activities within multiple manufacturing disciplines.
- Develops and executes integrated departmental plans, policies and procedures and provides input on departmental business and technical strategies, goals and objectives.
- Acquires resources for department activities, provides technical management of suppliers and leads process improvements.
- Develops and maintains relationships and partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, partners and direct reports.
- Provides oversight and approval of technical approaches, products and processes.
- Manages, develops and motivates employees and first-level managers.
Support/enable PW Space capability integration and standup including activities such as:
- Lead design/plan/execution of efficient production and drive production readiness
- Support development of concept of operations and Service Level Agreements with functional and partner organizations
- Meet project capital funding targets
- Ensure integrated requirements and demand/LRBP forecast
- Support Proprietary Space and Millennium Space System gate reviews, proposal bids and execute build readiness reviews to enable successful production start.
- Take lead on Phantom Works gated process for all Space market opportunities as representative for production operations
- Provide support to PW Space proprietary program staffing to ensure resources are available for critical programs milestones and activities.
Support all Operations functional initiatives as required for Space programs including but not limited to:
- Stop FOD initiatives - Implement enterprise FOD standards best practices and initiatives to ensure FOD free production operations
- Go4Zero and other critical safety activities
- Design build plans and tooling concepts for safe, ergonomic operation
- One BPS rollout, Lean initiatives
- Strategic work placement decisions for future growth.
- Make/buy strategy adherence
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills / Experience):
- This position requires an active Top Secret / SCI U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- At least 3 years Project Leadership experience leading cross-functional teams.
- 3+ years of leadership experience in production / manufacturing environment.
- 3+ years of management experience working in a production engineering role or manufacturing environment.
- Able to travel 50% of the time.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills / Experience):
- Experience interfacing with senior and executive leadership.
- 1+ years’ experience working in Space domain.
- 1+ years’ experience deploying functional, business, or enterprise initiatives across multiple teams.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. (Basic relocation is available for internal candidates, based on candidate eligibility.)
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
At Boeing, diversity, equity, and inclusion are enduring company values. We strive to live these values every day not only because it’s the right thing to do, but because our success depends on it. The company’s commitment to diversity and inclusion means providing a work environment for all employees that is welcoming, respectful and equitable, with opportunities for personal and professional development.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More