Satellite DSP Subsystems and Algorithms Engineer
El Segundo, California; Los Angeles, California
Here, systems engineering means integrating performance, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability and human systems into all of our products and solutions. In other words, you’ll build the future of Boeing.
of the time
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Systems Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ At Boeing, we work in space. We work in air traffic management. We build airplanes. It’s really rewarding to see work that we do in a lab develop into an amazing product. That’s a daily occurrence. ”Suzanne Hawkins Systems Engineer
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
Satellite DSP Subsystems and Algorithms Engineer
As a Satellite DSP Subsystems and Algorithms Engineer (Level 3), you will design and develop state-of-the-art, space-based communication systems for commercial, civil and/or national security programs. You will be part of a highly-motivated team that works with domestic or international customers on their latest satellite systems.
Project assignments typically span the unit life cycle, from internal trades, concept studies and system definition, to satellite unit development and test. Candidates will belong to a systems engineering team interacting with customers, suppliers, program management, integration and test engineers, and senior technologists.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. (Basic relocation is available for internal candidates, based on candidate eligibility.)
- Designing and developing next generation RF and digital satellite communication systems
- Developing and verifying multi-rate, fixed-point signal processing algorithms
- Conducting performance analysis of signal processing models
- Performing waveform development and characterization
- Performing trade studies
- Supporting integration ant test of our payloads and spacecraft from unit level through in-orbit operations
- Supporting HDL-level design and verification
- Performing detailed system design and verification activities
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Basic (Required) Qualifications
- 1+ years of experience with Matlab and/or Simulink
- 3+ years of experience in digital signal processing or digital communications
- 1+ years of experience in systems engineering concepts (requirements definition, allocation, verification, architecture design and trade design)
Preferred (Desired) Qualifications
- Experience working with ASICs or FPGAs
- Experience with performance characteristics of analog electronics or data converters (ADCs / DACs)
- Experience with digital/RF lab equipment (oscilloscope, signal generator, spectrum analyzer)
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.