Senior Communications & Controls ArchitectEl Segundo, California; Los Angeles, California
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Phantom Works creates the next generation products and services for the Boeing Defense, Space & Security business. We work with proprietary customers in the development of the next-generation technologies in space. Phantom Works focuses on rapid prototyping to demonstrate a host of mission-focused technologies for a variety of customers. We are seeking a senior Communications and Controls Architect to lead multiple projects within state of the art, innovative products and technologies in the El Segundo, CA location.
- Develops and validates requirements for unique communication, sensor, electronic warfare and other electromagnetic systems and components.
- Develops and validates electromagnetic requirements for electrical\electronic systems, mechanical systems, interconnects and structures.
- Develops architectures to integrate multiple systems into higher level systems and platforms.
- Leads development of trade studies, modeling, simulation and other forms of analysis to predict component, interconnects and system performance and to optimize design around complex requirements.
- Develops new and improved modeling and simulation techniques.
- Leads development and execution of critical tests to validate performance of designs to requirements.
- Manages appropriate aspects of critical supplier and partner performance to ensure compliance to requirements.
- Provides support to products throughout their lifecycle by providing guidance and support to resolve complex issues.
- Supports project management by providing coordinating development of work statement, budget, schedule and other
- required inputs and conducting appropriate reviews.
- Creates new tools to improve management of projects.
- Leads development of major sections of large-scale proposals to support development of new business.
- Works under consultative direction.
This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense
This position requires an active U.S. Secret Security Clearance, for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience):
- Bachelor's in Engineering or higher
- 5 or more years' experience with one or more of the following mission systems: computing, sensors, communications or navigation systems.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience in electro-magnetic requirements or electronic systems.
- Experience in development of trade studies.
- Experience in modeling and simulation.
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More