Senior Integrated Planning & Scheduling SpecialistEl Segundo, California; Los Angeles, California
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Space and Launch Systems is currently looking for two Senior Integrated Planning & Scheduling Specialists to join their team in El Segundo, CA. These positions will focus on supporting the Boeing Defense Space and Security (BDS) Government Satellite Proprietary Programs.
A successful candidate will understand the importance of leadership and use experience in all aspects of government program scheduling to include production programs, development programs, agile software programs and Project Server portfolio management to meet their organizational goals.
As an IP&S (Integrated Planning & Scheduling) team member you will be required to develop proposal plans and schedules, baseline execution schedules, maintain the in-work schedules, perform critical path analysis and what-if planning and support the delivery of IPMR Format 6 deliverables
As the Scheduler, you will participate all aspects of IP&S activities and will execute the following roles to provide actionable, value added products to their customers:
- Portfolio Management – Architect and lead portfolio networking in a Project Server environment
- Program Planning – Developing initial planning products (e.g. IMP, WBS, Master Phasing Schedule)
- Program Scheduling – Development of the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS)
- Detailed Scheduling & Change Management – Developing and maintaining lower level schedules
- Change Integration – Manages the change integration teams
- Project Management – Lead key program initiatives to improve execution.
- In charge of the program Integrated Master Schedules (IMS).
- Serve as the technical lead for the IP&S team in developing, integrating and maintaining the IMS reporting to the Program Management team.
- Supplier scheduling integration, analysis, and review.
- Work closely with the Integrated Product Team Leads, to ensure alignment and integration of the Integrated Master Schedules (IMS) with other key program plans and schedules (e.g. Integrated Master Plan (IMP), Master Phasing Plan, Critical Path Analysis, High Level Flow (HLF)).
- Accountable for schedule compliance, assessment of schedule risk, identification of opportunities (including schedule margin planning)
- Provide robust/actionable performance reporting from the IMS to support and drive program management understanding and action.
- Lead the integration of supplier and partner plans and schedules into the IMS to ensure the whole team is operating collaboratively.
- Model driving program execution through quick turn generation of prospective schedule performance analyses, recovery/alternate scenario planning and improved schedule visibility/visualization.
- Support reviews and brief senior leadership and customers.
Work Shift: The El Segundo site is on a 9/80 schedule with every other Friday off.
This position requires a current Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) US Citizenship Required.
Basic Qualifications (Required):
- 10+ years of experience with Integrated Master Schedule & Change Board
- Active Top Secret with SCI.
- Experience with Earned Value Management (EVM) with applying Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations Supplement (DFARS) requirements.
- Experience modeling complex development programs including integration of activities across multiple platforms, multiple suppliers, and customer resources.
- MS Project or OPP experience with Integrated Schedules and Logic networks.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Project Management Certification (PMP) or have an understanding of PMBOK principles/relevant coursework.
- Ability to prepare, analyze, and report Schedule Risk Assessments and Independent Schedule Assessments utilizing Monte Carlo Risk Tools.
Typical Education and Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 15 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master+13 years' related work experience, 19 years' related work experience, etc.).
Employee Referral Program:
Referral to this job is eligible for bonus amount of US dollars (USD) $4000
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility (Basic relocation is available for internal candidates, based on candidate eligibility.)
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies
Diversity & Inclusion Commitment
At Boeing, diversity, equity, and inclusion are enduring company values. We strive to live these values every day not only because it’s the right thing to do, but because our success depends on it. The company’s commitment to diversity and inclusion means providing a work environment for all employees that is welcoming, respectful and equitable, with opportunities for personal and professional development.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More