Senior Payload IPT LeaderEl Segundo, California; Los Angeles, California
The Boeing Company is seeking a senior, highly skilled, and motivated Satellite Payload Integrated Product Team (IPT) Leader to be part of our In-Space Vehicles Engineering team. As the Payload IPT Leader, you will lead a talented cross-discipline team in the development and delivery of advanced satellite payload systems that serve critical missions for our US and international customers. The IPT Leader provides critical satellite program leadership with responsibilities that include delivering on all cost and schedule program commitments, technical performance/management of products through delivery, and managing risk and opportunities. This position is located in El Segundo, CA.
Primary job responsibilities:
• Provides leadership and project management for satellite payloads. Accountabilities include cost, technical, schedule, and risk management.
• Provides support for Business Development efforts.
• Will have primary responsibility authority accountability (RAA) for program execution and program battle rhythm including earned value, technical performance metrics reporting, cost account management, and communications/briefing to executive leadership - highlighting and project managing program cost, schedule, risk/mitigation, and technical performance while providing timely affordable, lean, root cause/corrective action-based solutions.
• Will be a skilled project manager with career-experience and knowledge in leading Non-Recurring engineering (NRE) efforts, project baseline development, resource loading, project breakdown structure (WBS/PBS) activities and program-level metrics.
• Ensures preparation of the master plan and schedule, such as Integrated Master Plan and Integrated Master Schedule [IMP/IMS], and First Article Plan, through coordination and conflict resolution with other Boeing teams, functions, and organizations, as well as customers, suppliers and other stakeholders.
• Integrates relevant lessons learned from previous programs. Develops and communicates responsibility authority accountability (RAA) to define team members' roles and responsibilities.
• Lead interface for The Boeing Company, working with supplier, customer and end-user communities.
Space and Launch
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
Typical Education / Experience: Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 20 or more years' experience, Master's with 18 or more years' experience or PhD with 15 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard
Basic Qualifications (Required):
• Five (5) or more years of experience in Program Management or IPT Leadership including cost, schedule, technical and risk management.
• Ten (10) or more years of full time aerospace industry experience within Mechanical, Structural, Payloads, Design, Analysis, or Production Liaison engineering.
• This position requires the ability to obtain U.S. Security Clearance, for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
• Experience with satellite payload subsystems, including systems engineering, payload layout, wire harness, antenna subsystems, payload electronics, and passive microwave devices.
• Experience with the payload subsystem lifecycle: design, analysis, manufacturing, procurements, and assembly, integration, and test.
• Experience with mechanical systems engineering, structural dynamics, thermal analysis, thermal (multi-layer insulation) blanket, primary load structures, tooling, deployable structures.
• Successful completion of a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) by the federal government within the last 5 years.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More