Software Process Engineer - Experienced
El Segundo, California; Los Angeles, California
With Boeing, your software innovations can touch commercial and military aircraft, rockets and spacecraft as well as advanced cyber solutions. This is where you can build the future.
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Software Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ Working on a complex system in a lab environment is challenging and exciting, but the real reward came when I got to test our system with defense customers. I was able to interface directly with the men and women who would be depending on our products and hear their feedback firsthand.”Steve Jacobsen Digital Signal Processing Engineer, Software Engineer
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
Software Process Engineer - Experienced
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Experienced Software Process Engineer will plan, coordinate, and provide process support for software development, operations, and maintenance activities to all El Segundo site programs. Programs supported include both classified and unclassified. Works under minimal direction.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Providing process leadership for software projects through selection, tailoring, and deployment of corrective action processes, tools, and metrics.
- Develops/modifies software development plans with management.
- Serves as a subject matter expert for the site for software processes, metrics, and applicable government regulations.
- Provides training (live and on-line) on tools and processes.
- Advises new product line programs on site software product line process definition and configuration control requirements; documents configuration control and build requirements; and has familiarity with ClearCase, ClearQuest, and GIT.
- Ensures all steps of the lifecycle are documented as required by the customer or site processes and tracks and evaluates software team progress metrics.
- Aids software developers in defining requirements using DOORS. Verifies that required software traceability is defined and performed.
- Assists with formal test preparations such as traceability and test documentation, and with preparation of materials for customer reviews such as Test Readiness Reviews and Sell-offs.
- Identifies process risks/opportunities and performs root cause corrective analysis (RCCA) as required.
- Successful candidate assists code developers with peer reviews throughout the lifecycle, and must be familiar with traditional and agile software development methods, preferably with experience as a SCRUM Master.
- Candidate will define roles/tasks, plan, schedule, and track Agile process implementation; identify, monitor, and control processes and baselines to include product backlog, requirements, and software development library artifacts.
- Candidate supports software reviews during Agile sprints.
- Creation and collection of metrics for monitoring the health of systems.
- Provide training on tools and processes.
- Perform process audits with the goals of insuring compliance and of streamlining processes.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Basic relocation is available for internal candidates.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position requires an active U.S. Security Clearance with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) that has been successfully completed within the last 5 years. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active).
Bachelor degree or higher in engineering or related technical field
- Understanding of or experience with CMMI and/or AS9100D/AS9115
- Understanding of and experience with configuration management tools such as ClearCase and GIT
- Understanding of and experience with problem/issue tracking tools such as ClearQuest and JIRA
- Experience with the performance of root cause corrective analysis (RCCA)
- Experience with the Agile process
- Experience with DOORS or other requirements database tools
- Experience as a SCRUM master
- Understanding of aerospace, aeronautics, and government/DoD compliance standards for software engineering (examples: NASA Software Engineering Requirements (NPR 7150.2), Software Considerations in Airborne Systems and Equipment Certification (DO-178B), and SMC standard for Software Development (SMC-S-012))
Individual Contributor - 3
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.