Space Systems Network Chief Architect
El Segundo, California; Los Angeles, California
Here, systems engineering means integrating performance, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability and human systems into all of our products and solutions. In other words, you’ll build the future of Boeing.
of the time
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Systems Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ At Boeing, we work in space. We work in air traffic management. We build airplanes. It’s really rewarding to see work that we do in a lab develop into an amazing product. That’s a daily occurrence. ”Suzanne Hawkins Systems Engineer
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
Space Systems Network Chief Architect
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is seeking a Space Systems Network Chief Architect (Level 6) to join a project team assisting with the development of complex, state-of-the-art systems for space-based applications for commercial and government customers. You will be a member of a high performance systems engineering team interacting with customers, suppliers, program management, integration and test engineers and senior technologists.
You will participate in all phases of the system development life cycle, including architecture development, requirements definition, analysis and decomposition, software and hardware system design, algorithm design, risk management, integration, test, and operations . The successful candidate will be leading system level network design, development, verification, and operations activities.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. NOTE: Basic relocation plan is being offered for internal candidates.
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) in ground and space network architectures
- Lead network architecture design, development, requirements definition, interface definition, analysis, functional decomposition, and CONOPS activities.
- Lead network trade studies and briefings.
- Collaborate with customers, suppliers, and internal multi-disciplinary teams.
- Lead network verification, validation, integration and test planning and execution (including functional validation as well as formal requirements sell-off).
- Lead risk reduction activities and issue resolution.
- Support technology development and insertion.
- Mentor junior systems engineers and review their work for quality.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
This position requires an active/current U.S. Security Clearance with successful completion of a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) by the federal government within the last 5 years (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Basic (Required) Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree or higher from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
- 10+ years of network architectures in the Space Domain.
- 15+ years of experience in standardized Network Protocols and Services (i.e. TCP/IP, VLAN, DNS, DHCP, Firewalls, etc.).
- 10+ years of experience in industry standard routing principles (RIP, OSPF, VPN, IPSEC, Static Routing, etc.).
- 5+ years of experience with Network Controls as implemented to satisfy RMF.
Preferred (Desired) Qualifications
- Experience with Model Based Engineering tools and languages such as Enterprise Architecture, Cameo, MagicDraw, and UML/SysML.
- SW Development experience associated with Network Services and/or network control desired.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact well in group meeting/working environments.
Typical Education & Experience
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 20 or more years' experience, Master's with 18 or more years' experience or PhD with 15 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
At Boeing, diversity, equity, and inclusion are enduring company values. We strive to live these values every day not only because it’s the right thing to do, but because our success depends on it. The company’s commitment to diversity and inclusion means providing a work environment for all employees that is welcoming, respectful and equitable, with opportunities for personal and professional development.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.