Test & Evaluation Engineer IIEl Segundo, California; Los Angeles, California
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defense Space Security is seeking a Test and Evaluation Engineer II to join our Space and Launch Division on our Satellite Systems Team. This team manages the company's major commercial and government satellite and ground programs for communications, national defense and other missions. Satellite Systems oversees the design, development, manufacture, integration and testing of satellites. This position is located in El Segundo, CA. Your dreams go beyond Planet Earth. You are innovative, creative, and challenge the status quo. You work well in teams while also having the ability to work assignments autonomously. Here at Satellite Systems you will collaborate with leaders in space innovation and pave the way in creating the world’s best satellites. You will be a leader in space Innovation.
- Assists in demonstrating the effectiveness of test methods.
- Develops simple test procedures, and instrumentation and configuration definition needed to perform the test and minimize risk.
- Designs component and sub-assembly level hardware or software and uses analytical tools to verify the design.
- Assists in coordinating the manufacture and assembly of test hardware.
- Supports test anomalies and identifies solutions to mitigate basic electrical test issues.
- Identifies solutions to basic problems and supports the development of test processes, methods, and tools.
- Supports development of test debrief material.
- Participates in evaluation of test performance data.
- Reviews test data for accuracy, quality and/or fidelity prior to delivery to customer.
- Alerts senior engineers of off-nominal data.
- Prepares test reports for review.
- Works under general supervision.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Basic relocation is available for internal candidates.
This position requires the ability to obtain U.S. Security Clearance post start, for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience):
- 2 or more years' experience in electrical testing concepts
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or technical field
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience leading teams
- Circuit design and analysis experience
- Experience with digital and analog power electronics
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 2 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. Master). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Individual Contributor - 2
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More