Field Service Representative (Avionics) - ApacheEngland
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defence UK is looking for We are currently looking for an Field Service Representative (Avionics) - Apache to join the Boeing Apache Attack Helicopter IOS program, engineering and supportability team located in the United Kingdom Wattisham Airfield, Wattisham, Suffolk in support the UK’s fleet of Mk 1 AH-64 Apache helicopters.
The individual shall have a significant amount of demonstrated Mk 1 AH-64 Apache experience and knowledge in aircraft maintenance procedures, practices, and maintenance engineering standards and specifications to support the execution of maintenance and sustainment for Mk 1 AH-64 Apache, covering all avionic and electrical aspects of aircraft systems. In this role you will lead and provide advice in the execution of maintenance in accordance with the Ministry of Defence (MoD) Compound Interactive Electronic Technical Publication (CIETP) along with Boeing standard procedures, processes, and practices.
- Supporting the customer by providing procedures, repair advice and associated technical data to perform in service maintenance.
- Ability to conduct research on technical, maintenance, operational and quality issues and lead analytical investigations to evaluate user and supplier reported discrepancies that cannot be resolved by customer
- Conduct on and off aircraft fault diagnostics using published resources and will apply knowledge of engineering, maintenance processes and data that are necessary for defining delivery configurations e.g., design definitions, program directives, engineering drawings, change memos, wiring diagrams and schematics, functional tests, supplier data
- Ability to gain full understanding of company policies, processes and procedures for developing maintenance data for post-delivery aircraft and modifications embodied by Leonardo Helicopters
- Knowledge of the Mk 1 AH-64 Apache platform, the Manual of Maintenance and Airworthiness Processes (MAP-01) and associated MAA Regulatory Publications (MRP), especially regulation pertaining to maintenance data and pre and post-delivery aircraft modifications
- Apply knowledge of technical publications and instructions (e.g., Structural Repair Manual [SRM], Airplane Maintenance Manual [AMM], Illustrated Parts Catalogue [IPC], Operations Manual [OPS], Component Maintenance Manual [CMM], Wiring Diagram Manual [WDM], Service Modification[SM], Engineering Instructions [EI] and Service Bulletins/Notes [SB/SN]).
- Apply knowledge of engineering analysis of Avionic/Electrical system design, etc. to develop and maintain and analyze technical data to resolve problems for aircraft components and systems to support safe and efficient operation and continued airworthiness.
- Apply technical knowledge to implement solutions to customer maintenance requirements, questions and concerns, interfacing with company and supplier technical experts when appropriate
- Actively supporting Continuous Improvement (CI), Employee Involvement (EI) type events and obsolescence. Conduct Best Practice Activity to maintain and improve standards for all Boeing engineering functions.
- Provide technical field support to a number company products. Perform troubleshooting procedures for multiple systems coverage. Resolve maintenance and operational issues. Interprets technical documents and monitors product performance. Analyzes technical data and evaluates maintenance procedures. Develops, conducts and mentors ad hoc training
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
- An Engineering degree with CEng or IEng registration is desired, or a significant amount of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience in the field of helicopter depth and fleeted maintenance.
- Aircraft Maintenance: Extensive and specialized knowledge of UK MOD / Army aircraft maintenance processes, policies, culture, and standard practices (e.g., return to service, normal duties/responsibilities, time constraints, available resources) in order to effectively represent the customer within the Boeing Company.
- Analyze, Interpret and Develop Engineering Data: The Avionic/Electrical Service Engineer is primarily responsible for Mk 1 AH-64 Apache helicopter Weapons Systems, Fire Control System, Sighting Systems, Electrical Power Management System, Environmental Control System, Flight Control Systems and Avionics/Communications Systems according to drawings, blueprints, directives, technical manuals and safety procedures.
- Extensive and specialized ability to analyze and interpret company products (e.g., ability to analyze and interpret all products and services with the group). Makes use of and applies job practices, techniques, standards, principles, theories, and concepts.
- Able to develop and influence new strategies for concurrent engineering and be able to understand system engineering management plans Creation and development of System Engineering artefacts including but not limited to; System Engineering Management Plans, System Requirement Documents, Verification and Validation Requirements Matrixes, Test Evaluation and Acceptance Plans.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOUR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
At Boeing, diversity, equity, and inclusion are enduring company values. We strive to live these values every day not only because it’s the right thing to do, but because our success depends on it. The company’s commitment to diversity and inclusion means providing a work environment for all employees that is welcoming, respectful and equitable, with opportunities for personal and professional development.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More