Supplier Quality RepresentativeEngland; England
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defense, Space and Security (BDSS), International Supplier Quality based in the UK have an opportunity for a Supplier Quality Representative. The role will involve working directly with the BDSS supply chain managing the quality requirements for all procured products and services in the UK and Europe.
As a Supplier Quality Representative you will be representing the company within the supply chain ensuring that all contractual requirements are met and assist in the development of the BDSS supply chain.
This role will be a home based position with the main work location of Wimborne, UK. This role may require occasional travel outside of the UK
As a successful candidate you will join the established, diverse International Suppler Quality team of likeminded Quality Professionals who will support your development in both your new role and career with the Boeing Company. Though very much part of the Boeing team, you will also find yourself in the privileged position of working directly with the BDSS Supply chain in the UK and Europe as well as supporting other International Supplier Quality teams around the world.
At Boeing we’re committed to rewarding excellence and fostering an inclusive environment where team members are seen, heard, valued, respected and fully engaged. This is particularly relevant in the International Supplier Quality Team which encapsulates all of the advantages of being a small agile Business Unit but with the security and opportunities of working for one of the world’s largest corporations.
As a Supplier Quality Representative you will be working very closely with Boeing Supply Chain Management and Engineering teams ensuring product and service conformity, Supplier coaching and development is also a key role. You will need the ability to work on your own initiative or as a team with both Boeing and Supplier personnel. A considerable amount of flexibility is require to react to changing priorities and programme demands.
To achieve this the ideal candidate will be expected to:
- Lead audits and assessments of complex supplier's systems, processes and products
- Accept purchase products into the Boeing Quality Management System
- Assess capability and capacity of suppliers to perform current or potential future work
- Provide education and coaching on quality systems, regulatory compliance issues and company initiatives
- Develop training materials and other resources to support improvements in supplier performance and productivity
- Assist in the development of robust Root Cause Corrective Action (RCCA) and Quality Improvement plans
- Carry out Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) conformity activities on behalf of the company
- Proven experience of auditing quality management systems and processes.
- Significant knowledge and experience of the FAA conformity process (8110.4)
- Experienced in aircraft refuelling systems
- Inspection capabilities - systems and structures
- In depth knowledge of RCCA techniques and processes
- Presentation skills
- We welcome applications from candidates who have taken a graduate, further education or apprenticeship route.
- Experience of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP)
- Chartered Quality Professional
Work Authorisation: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorisation to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
Security Clearance: This position requires the ability to obtain security clearance
Visa Status and Relocation: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Relocation benefits are not available. Successful candidates must have existing / ability to obtain legal authorisation to work in the UK for continued employment.
At Boeing, diversity, equity, and inclusion are enduring company values. We strive to live these values every day not only because it’s the right thing to do, but because our success depends on it. The company’s commitment to diversity and inclusion means providing a work environment for all employees that is welcoming, respectful and equitable, with opportunities for personal and professional development
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More