Warehouse Lead - Apache AH-64EEngland
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
We’re looking to hire a Warehouse Lead, this is a key role and will have responsibility for leading warehouse activities for the Apache AH-64E.
In this role you will lead a team of warehouse and asset management employees performing activities in support of company operations warehouse and distribution, as well as performance improvement of supply chain management processes and procedures.
You will lead the Apache AH-64E Warehouse Management Service, reporting into the Apache AH-64E Warehouse and Distribution Manager. You will assist in the determination and execution of processes and procedures for the organisation and management of inventory. You will assist in the implementation of policy and procedures to meet Customer and End-User requirements. You will develop and maintain relationships within a demanding multi-stakeholder environment. You will lead technical approaches, products and processes; acquiring required resources. You will identify continuous improvement initiatives, leading activities through to completion. You will supervise the Warehouse Management Service team performance and establish corrective action plans where applicable. You will ensure that all activities are conducted in accordance with appropriate safety regulations to create a safe working environment. You will also be responsible for leading, developing and motivating employees.
- Liaises with End-User departments to determine weekly and daily priorities
- Assist in the development of warehouse and distribution capability ensuring flawless execution to Boeing processes
- The identification and implementation of Supply Chain Execution Best Practices
- Assist in the management of processes and tools for warehouse and asset management activities
- Coordinate each of the warehouse teams’ work activities according to priorities
- Monitor performance and takes corrective action where applicable
- Ensure that hazardous goods, such as Batteries, Paints, Oils and Lubricants, are handled and stored in accordance with appropriate regulations
- Maintain a safe working environment in accordance with local regulations
- Support Warehouse and Distribution Manager when absent
- Works under minimal supervision
- Attend meetings as agreed to between Boeing, the Customer and the End-User
- Experience of leading logistics operations
- Experience of working within complex multi-stakeholder environments
- Experience of inventory management on Ministry of Defence Log IS
- Experience of Ministry of Defence regulations
- Exhibits strong leadership attributes
- MHE license is required for this role, training can be provided if not already held
- Bachelors Degree level or equivalent preferred
UK MOD Security Clearance (or willingness to obtain) is essential.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level.
Contingent Upon Program Award
Yes, this position is contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.