Warehouse Operatives - Apache AH-64EEngland
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
We’re looking to hire a number of Warehouse Operatives to support Apache AH-64E operations.
In this role you will be part of a team providing the day-to-day warehouse activities. You will be responsible to the Warehouse and Distribution Manager through the warehouse lead. You will conduct all activities in accordance with appropriate safety regulations, creating a safe working environment.
These roles support a rostered out of hours call out requirement for which a retainer and overtime is paid.
- The receipt of materiel from Industry, the End-User or End-User base depot
- Verify materiel against delivery notes
- Input materiel received on to Log IS
- Distribute materiel to appropriate departments within the warehouse
- Receive materiel from OEM Logistics Service Representatives (LSRs) for dispatch
- Receive materiel from Stock Holding Group and locate in appropriate delivery lanes or storage bins for delivery to the End-User
- Coordinate delivery to End-User
- For onsite deliveries, utilize Delivery Service Liaison
- For offsite deliveries create tracking data in End-User asset tracking system
- Store materiel in an appropriate storage location within Serviceable storage area on a First In, First Out (FIFO) basis
- Update LogIS of storage locations
- Select materiel from location in accordance with End-User issue vouchers
- Conduct stock maintenance, to include, but not limited to, running shelf life item reports to identify items that are approaching the end of their shelf life
- The quarantining of life expired items, ensuring these are not issued to the End-User
- During mobilisation of the warehouse, the focus of activities will be on the receipt of the in-load of initial provisioning materiel
- Works with limited supervision
- Material Handling Equipment license is required for this role, training can be provided if not already held
- Experience of working in warehouse operations, ideally within aviation or Defence
- Dangerous Air Cargo qualification would be advantageous
- Experience of inventory management on Ministry of Defence Log IS
- Experience of Ministry of Defence regulations
UK MOD Security Clearance (or willingness to obtain) is essential.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level.
Contingent Upon Program Award
Yes, this position is contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More