Flight Ops (Dispatch) ManagerEnglewood, Colorado
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Manages the overall performance of the Commercial & Military Dispatch organization. Helps to establish, oversee and administer processes, policies and practices and determines resource requirements, acquisition, and deployment of resources. Applies independent, specialized technical expertise to support a wide range of business processes. Interfaces with other organizations, customers, suppliers, and regulatory agencies to define and evaluate departmental goals. Works cross-functionally with internal and external customers. Manages subordinate staff to include recruiting, training, performance management, motivating, delegating and monitoring results.
- Leads processes to oversee daily activities related to the successful operations of aircraft or in direct support of flight operations and commercial, military and business aviation dispatch services.
- Manages subordinate staff. Forecasts resources needs and participates in hiring decisions. Coaches, counsels, mentors and provides developmental opportunities and job assignments to enhance employee performance and expand capabilities. Provides on-going developmental feedback. Makes compensation recommendations in regards to hiring salaries and salary review actions. Recognizes contributions of individuals and teams to improve employee satisfaction and retain a skilled and motivated workforce. Enforces company rules and policies regarding ethical behavior, safety, security, use of company property, time charging, etc. Identifies opportunities to improve work-related products and processes in department. Engages and empowers employees to make process improvements.
- Establishes and maintains aviation related commercial and military dispatch relationships. Implements policies and procedures and documents to ensure consistent execution of processes within department in support of Jeppesen, customers and regulatory requirements.
- Assists with technical direction and guidance to others regarding approved processes, tools, technology and skills for departmental success. Ensures departmental products or processes meet customer, company, quality, industry and regulatory requirements. Provides support of departmental technical approaches, products and processes.
- Participates in the sales process as required.
- Assists with the planning and preparation of budgets for department operations, manpower, equipment and operating costs, monitors costs to ensure budget adherence. Participates in the sales process as required.
- Develops operational goals, objectives, and related metrics to ensure alignment with company vision/strategy and LRBP. Measures progress, making adjustments as needed. Holds direct reports accountable for achieving goals. Achieves goals for productivity, quality and customer satisfaction.
- Participates as a technical advisor as required in company proposals and projects. Directs activities of professional and technical staff. Supports the establishment of procedures for monitoring hardware/software applications which support department activities and corrective action when required. Provides oversight of establishing and maintaining operating procedures to insure quality customer support.
- Knowledge of policies and procedures that typically affect individual subordinate employees. Knowledge of skills and abilities required by subordinate employees to accomplish organizational responsibilities.
- Ability to accomplish results through employees who exercise significant latitude and independence in their assignments. Often heads a centralized functional activity.
- Skilled in advising a unit regarding tasks, projects and operations. Actively involved in daily operations only when required to meet schedule or resolve complex problems.
- Ensures that projects are completed on schedule and within budget.
- Frequent contacts with internal personnel and outside customer representatives concerning operations, scheduling or specific phases of projects or contracts.
This position is located in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Your annual salary based on a work year of 2,080 hours will be
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Manager - K
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More