Software Application Developer L5Englewood, Colorado
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Jeppesen, a Boeing Company, has immediate opportunities for extremely talented software development lead who wants their leadership of teams in developing to have significant and measurable positive impact for users, the company's bottom line and the industry. You will be working with a group of world-class engineers to build the breakthrough features our customers will love, adopt and use while keeping our trusted platform stable and scalable. The software developer engineer lead role at Jeppesen encompasses development, testing, implementation and support via continuous integration and deployment architecture, design, implementation, and testing to ensure we build products right and release them with high quality
- -Mentor others in development technologies, tools, and processes
- With general direction, provides guidance to less experienced employees, performs research, contributes to proposals, documents research and development results and aids technology transfer into programs.
- As directed and able, Provides subject matter expertise on software techniques, methodologies and processes to customers, suppliers, application users, and other technical and support personnel.
- Provides guidance to less experienced engineers. Supports operational and integration issue resolution of regulatory, domain and specific software systems.
- Develops, maintains and unit tests code by utilizing software development environments and programming languages in order to implement design and satisfy allocated requirements. Participates in internal code walkthroughs.
- Architects, design, implement, test and deliver highly scalable products. Develops, tests, deploys and supports highly scalable products.
- Masters our development process, culture and code base, then improve it.
- Utilizes continuous integration and deployment capabilities in all code developed.
- Develops automated test procedures and scripts using Test Driven Development, needed to perform the tests in accordance to the test plan.
- Develops/decomposes, documents and maintains designs for software implementation. and test artifacts consistent with the defined architecture and requirements/regulations by applying established methods and practices. Participates in internal lifecycle data reviews.
- With general direction Provides data, recommendations, and estimates for software component level project planning including corrective action plans. Coordinates and participates in project management reviews and compliance audits.
- Troubleshoots and investigates difficult problems across software components. Evaluates proposed solutions to problems.
- For all phases of the software life cycle contributes as directed towards: develops, selects, tailors and deploys processes and tools; establishes metrics; and utilizes regulations and industry standards. Participates in process reviews.
- 4+ years’ experience with these technologies for cloud solution deployments : DevOps, SecDevOps, AWS services, Azure services, Kubernetes, Docker,
- Other:, Relational (PostgreSQL) and No-SQL databases
- Testing Frameworks: Nunit, junit, Googletest , Pyunit, Selenium, Fitnesse, Gherkin, Cucumber, BDD Behavior Driven Development,
- Experience with platforms and tools: Linux, Maven, Git and/or BitBucket, Grails, Storm, Kafka Exp in cloud-based environments (deploying, managing resources in AWS, Azure or Google cloud) JIRA, Jenkins, Confluence, GitHub experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with industry and corporate best practices in software development using Agile or Scaled Agile methodologies and frameworks
- Technical degree in a related field of study and typically 10 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
This position is located in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Your annual salary based on a work year of 2,080 hours will be
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Individual Contributor - 5
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More