Software Developer 4Englewood, Colorado
Who You Are
You are an experienced senior software developer who oversees the development, documentation and maintenance of complex architectures for flight planning software systems. You provide guidance to HP-UX and Linux developers supporting multi-code base projects. You perform code reviews of other developer’s code to validate the implementation and adherence to coding standards. You perform development and maintenance of flight planning software systems.
- Perform code reviews and feedback of other developers code
- Review business and functional requirements
- Develop code for the defined requirements
- Review software code bug and enhancement tickets, and provide input for those tickets
- Provide metrics or other data to project management and leadership as requested
- Provide Tier 3 technical support of critical day of operations applications
- Enable legacy code base to support new cloud technologies such as containerization, clusters, High Availability, Disaster Recovery in multiple cloud platforms such as Azure or Amazon Web Service
- Required Experience in the following Technologies or programming languages:
- Gnu Compilers
- Required Other/Soft Skills
- Enterprise Software Design
- Unit Testing
- Design Patterns
- Software Documentation
- Agile or Iterative Development
- Team Collaboration
- Other Desired Skills
- Knowledge of SAFe methodology/Agile environment a plus!
- Knowledge of Commercial, Military and Business Aviation Flight Planning Systems
- Cloud Deployments
- Kubernetes & Docker
- Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience, 13 years' related work experience, etc.).
Applicable and appropriate educational/certification credentials from an accredited institution and/or equivalent experience is required.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More