Software Developer - VirtualEnglewood, Colorado
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Global Services BGS is seeking a Software Application Developer in Englewood, CO. or Virtual.
A successful candidate will understand the importance of collaboration as this position will focus on working directly with customers, various cross organizational teams and software developers. This position will write application code for multiple applications as well as support modernization of the applications with cloud native services, Docker and Kubernetes. Opportunities to support test automation, roadmap definition, customer engagements, software security improvements and personal skill development are opportunities in this role.
- Develop new features on the front-ends and the back-ends of our applications that deliver customers a world class aircraft performance computation solution
- Develop, document and maintain architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs to ensure the highest quality possible
- Collaborate with teams in a highly innovative and fast paced environment to support the entire software development lifecycle from customer requirements to supporting the product in production
- Perform peer reviews on all developed software and documentation artifacts
- Perform unit and regression testing on software baseline
- Support on-call rotation to ensure customers have access to support should an issue arrive with the customer’s operations.
- Troubleshoot software issues
- Perform other duties as assigned
This position has been identified as a virtual opportunity and does not require applicants to live in Englewood, CO.
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 5+ years writing software application code in JAVA, C++ or Angular
- Experience with Linux and windows development
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Experience with Agile software development
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience with Oracle and Postgres databases
- Experience moving applications to Docker and Kubernetes or managing applications in Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with DevOps practices such as Infrastructure as Code (IaC), CI/CD pipelines, cloud operations and automated deployments
- Aviation or aerospace experience
- Experience with Nodejs, CSS, HTML 5, Chef and/or Git
- Microservices with SpringBoot
- Microsoft Azure Certifications (Fundamentals, Architect, DevOps etc.)
- A desire to innovate and push the envelope with new technology
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor’s) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master’s) and typically 3 or more years’ related work experience or 9 years related work experience.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is first-shift
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award