Software Quality Engineer 4Englewood, Colorado
Jeppesen: Transforming the way the world moves.
Responsible for defining and maintaining project level software quality engineering processes, resources and infrastructure. Supports process improvement activities and development of organizational processes.
- Identifies program/project level non-conformances and issues corrective action requests. Reviews and approves corrective and preventive action plans. Verifies effectiveness of corrective and preventive action plans.
- Identifies and implements changes to organizational, program and project level processes to improve productivity and reduce risk.
- Plans and leads large complex audits of software engineering processes and associated support functions to ensure compliance with governing requirements.
- Identifies, collects and analyzes program level software quality metrics to improve products and processes and manage risk.
- Supports process improvement efforts at the program and project level.
- Defines and maintains program level software quality engineering processes, resources and infrastructure to support business objectives and comply with applicable requirements.
- Assists in development of proposal work products and cost estimates to support new business activities.
- Leads review and approval of software life cycle documents and other program products to ensure incorporation of and compliance with appropriate requirements.
Technical degree in a related field of study and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Applies extensive job practices, techniques, standards, principles, theories, and concepts. Has full knowledge of other related disciplines. Recognized as a job expert within the department/organization.
- Provides technical solutions to complex problems that require ingenuity and creativity.
- Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment. Completed work is reviewed for desired results from a relatively long-term perspective.
- Guides the successful completion of aspects of major programs and may function in a project leadership role. Erroneous decisions or recommendations may result in failure to achieve major organizational objectives.
- Represents the organization as the prime technical contact on contracts and projects. Interacts with senior external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More